Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

New Hulu VIRUS Via Windows 7?

by D_Arsonval / December 24, 2010 8:53 AM PST

Have never had a virus on Windows 7 (64 bit) until watching Charlie Brown's Christmas via Hulu. TONIGHT! 12-24-2010

Not sure if this is the source, "but" surely today is the date. 12-24-2010.

What's going on????, And how do we fix it?

On another computer writing this. The laptop effected is unusable. I've disconnected it to try and figure it out.
Microsoft SUCKS Really BIG TIME... this Time.

Not helpful words I know. But how I feel right about now.

John

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New Hulu VIRUS Via Windows 7?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New Hulu VIRUS Via Windows 7?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Virus?
by wolfy / December 25, 2010 8:25 AM PST

What makes you think you have a virus? (i.e. can you describe the exact symptoms and/or what has been happening on your system since watching "Charlie Brown's Christmas"?). If you are concerned that you are infected, is it possible for you to run a virus scan on your computer? If so, what are the results of said scan? Providing this information will help me and others on this board to assist with diagnosing the problem.

Happy Holidays,
Wolfy.

Collapse -
I'm finding laptops
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 25, 2010 8:29 AM PST

With clogged vents and the owners claiming there is a virus when all that is going on is the laptop overheated. Video play, even on hulu can cause a laptop to warm up. I can't explain why most think that's a virus.
Bob

Collapse -
Virus?
by pgc3 / December 26, 2010 2:23 AM PST

What are the symptoms?

Collapse -
I believe that I DID get a virus from Hulu
by 1inthelight / July 23, 2011 11:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Virus?

Running Win 7 64 bit laptop

Using my comp for a couple of hours (email and a safe photography website that I go to daily), went to hulu to watch a tv show, (rescue me s06 e01), after about 15 minutes (and shortly after a commercial, but I can't remember what the commercial was), browser suddenly closes and the Win 7 Security 2010 Virus virtually shuts the computer down - couldn't get online with any browser, couldn't do system restore without going into admin.

Rebooted in safe mode, signed in as administrator, did system restore, rebooted, fired up firefox, downloaded Ad-Aware, running it now, so far looks good.

Anti-virus prog is Microsoft Security Essentials...obviously did not catch this, trying to figure out why.

Collapse -
YES Hulu.com has BAD VIRUSES
by ZainaJuliette / February 19, 2014 1:21 AM PST

YES, YES, YES, HULU DOES HAVE BAD VIRUS THAT WILL DAMAGE YOUR COMPUTER!!!! I am not sure if hulu is a victim of hackers but my computers are damaged, 3 of them from hulu. There is now an investigation.

The size of the company and corporation does not matter, in fact some of the big ones are what you need to be aware of because they can purchase the legal system. PLEASE REPORT TO GOOGLE if it gave you virus. I know now that it is under investigation.

Hulu.com has a horrible virus on the site. This is the second time I went on Hulu and each time it destroyed my computer, I was on the site for about 5 minutes, then left, my computer slowed down, nothing worked, after that a window pop up saying I have update shockwave, it seemed a little fake like a forgery, I clicked on it and a hulu installer comes up saying that my computer need this to keep updated and working. This downloader was installed on my computer by hulu without my permission, I declined the download of the hulu toolbar and it redirected me to a site that says I must download hulu app, toolbar, it says its not a virus, it does have other advertisements and I will notice that it has other things that will be dowloaded on my computer, then the downloader pops up again, I declined it again! and noticed my computer was flickering the system command box flashing.

You can not install any virus removers such as Malware bytes and spybot if its not on your computer before the virus from hulu, hulu virus will block the installation and a fake notice will come up on your computer saying that this program contains a virus, the hulu virus will also redirect you each time you search your browser in IE, it completely blocks Firefox. I had to uninstall it, when I tried to install it again, the hulu virus blocked it by another fake notice saying that Firefox has a virus.

Finally my computer just shut down, I tried to bring it back up, but a screen come up and said that the last download which was that hulu downloader damaged my computer, try system restore, but my keyboard and mouse will not work. Finally I was able to get to safe mode after a few hours and run spybots. It found the viruses from hulu, one was called 2YourFace. It removed it, but not all of it. Now I need to do a system restore or set my computer back to factory settings.

I am still working on it and will up date.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?