General discussion

New HP Pavilion Elite HPE-112y Desktop PC // Now my 'old' mo

Just bought a new HP Pavilion Elite HPE-112y Desktop PC//but running my OLD gateway FPD1730 monitor. All worked fine for about 1 month - now it has gone black but the power button is still on.... Any kind of feedback other than purchase a new monitor.. Either way - thanks for help!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: New HP Pavilion Elite HPE-112y Desktop PC // Now my 'old' mo
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: New HP Pavilion Elite HPE-112y Desktop PC // Now my 'old' mo
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Quick checks

The quick test for a monitor is to use on another system and check results. If it appears OK, then you have a system or video port/card problem, if not then bad monitor, replace. You should at least try with it unplugged and if capable use its OSD display(monitor setup), does it have one? If not, then basically if no display and trying the above, its a goner. You did mention "old monitor" and if its that old and you tweeked for best display on new system, you may have driven too far, though capable its age caught-up with it. Reseat cables as well to check that out. A decent new LCD on sale maybe a bargain, so check online oir local stores for such.

tada -----Willy Happy

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks! Will try - Yes monitor is 7-8 yrs old.... LCD though.... great pic until it started flashing black on & off,

- Collapse -
As mentioned

Yes, as mentioned by Willy, test the monitor on another PC or laptop to see if it's working. I am suspecting it's the graphic problem though.

- Collapse -
Old age

CNET Forums

Forum Info