The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

New host schedule starting Monday June 22

by acedtect / June 16, 2009 11:46 AM PDT

Here's when the peeps will be on (P: means producer)

Monday
P: Jason Howell
Tom Merritt
Molly Wood
Brian Tong

Tuesday
Tom Merritt
Natali Del Conte
Brian Cooley

Wednesday
Tom Merritt
Natali Del Conte
Rafe Needleman

Thursday
Tom Merritt
Molly Wood
Brian Cooley

Friday
Tom Merritt
Rafe Needleman
Brian Tong

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New host schedule starting Monday June 22
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New host schedule starting Monday June 22
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
New Shedule
by DAKlives / June 16, 2009 11:57 AM PDT

I await it with great anticipation, quite a nice mix Tom

DAK

Collapse -
All the Hosts Rock
by gildorluthien / June 16, 2009 12:14 PM PDT
In reply to: New Shedule

awesome. that's a good lineup...I've got to change my nick in the chat room though...Tong seems to have a hard time saying it. BOL rocks! Happy 1000th on Thursday! Wish I could be there!

Collapse -
New schedule
by seiichi01 / June 16, 2009 12:00 PM PDT

I like the host combination Tom, looking forward to it Happy

Collapse -
Thanks Tom!
by MissM- / June 16, 2009 12:04 PM PDT

Love this schedule. I look forward to Tom and Jason being steady BOL hosts and the rotating co-hosts. Good luck on the dungeon! Happy

Collapse -
Natali not on with Brian Tong
by Nicholas Buenk / June 16, 2009 12:07 PM PDT

That made me chuckle.
Happy to see more Cooley and Molly, the show needs a grumpy ranter! That's what it's been missing lately I think.

Collapse -
looking good
by mwood5 / June 16, 2009 12:08 PM PDT

Love the mix, acedtect. It'll be interesting to see how the show evolves past the kilosode. Now, as long as Cooley doesn't start cracking wise about Southerns.... jk/jk.

Collapse -
New Schedule
by hossola / June 16, 2009 12:11 PM PDT

Guess there'll be no more "flirting" between Natali and Brian Tong.

Collapse -
Nice!
by DaveBinM / June 16, 2009 12:16 PM PDT

I love the new lineup! Plus; Bros. out loud every Friday!

Collapse -
(NT) I fear change.
by kwahhn / June 16, 2009 12:17 PM PDT
Collapse -
http://xrl.in/2hin
by DAKlives / June 16, 2009 12:21 PM PDT
In reply to: I fear change.

is that just pennies nickels and dimes, or quarters too kwahhn?

DAK

Collapse -
Change
by Y0-Y0 / June 16, 2009 12:26 PM PDT
In reply to: http://xrl.in/2hin

I think he means as in clothing.

Collapse -
(NT) Just underwear.
by kwahhn / June 17, 2009 12:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Change
Collapse -
I like it
by hansips / June 16, 2009 12:23 PM PDT

more variety. even better to include extra guests from time to time.

Collapse -
Woohooooo
by Y0-Y0 / June 16, 2009 12:25 PM PDT

Molly Wood penciled in twice a week. Great!

Collapse -
Looking forward to Thursdays...
by fonejunkie / June 16, 2009 12:27 PM PDT

Weekly Molly/Cooley rant-offs! Great lineup - anticipation...

Hank

Collapse -
Molly on Thursdays?
by Ikcor / June 16, 2009 12:32 PM PDT

First, sad to see less of Natali, but more Molly is great. But...

I thought Thursdays were already too busy for Molly, with Gadgettes and Mailbag already happening those days.

Collapse -
Love it.
by skimike4 / June 16, 2009 12:43 PM PDT

Awesome awesome awesome. Good call, Tom.

Collapse -
Fantastic!
by grobie / June 16, 2009 1:02 PM PDT

This is a great schedule, a great mix.

Feels like a real hybrid of the the "Old" and "New" Buzz Out Loud. I think it'll work wonderfully.

Collapse -
after ~1000 episodes...; Natali, opening up?...
by shmody / June 16, 2009 1:27 PM PDT

after ~1000 episodes...; Natali, opening up?...

Well, the show has gone through a few incarnations, so nothing new with another one. This is probably the most sophisticated/intricate change of schedule/hosts to date. Looks like a good mix Happy

I still haven't been listening all that much (mostly b/c of other life stuff), but I've gotta say, since a few weeks ago, I noticed that Natali was kinda starting to let her guard down a little and open up more and generally be more...relatable. Which I found really great and ...sweet Happy So much that I was looking forward to see how she would continue to really grow with the crew.
Now I'll give the benefit of the doubt that I would've picked up on this before if I'd been listening more often. But given new information and insights, I'll change my views - my view is now to look forward with delight in seeing how Natali grows as part of the crew. Happy Like Molly bringing the funny, the insights, and the rants, I'm really looking forward to Natali bringin' those clever insights on technology's societal and legal effects, some personal insights, as well as some vibrance that is uniquely hers...

Vive le BOL!,
Shalin

Collapse -
Looks good!
by freespirit1956 / June 16, 2009 1:34 PM PDT

After listening since January of 2007 (around episode 385 or so) and seeing the changes from Veronica/Molly/Tom to Veronica firing Jason almost every episode and on the most resent Natali with revolving cast BOL has become grown to more than just a host or two and has brought in a large part of cnet's podcast talent and I think it is a great direction. Congrats on 1000 episodes, looking forward to the next 1000.

Keep up the great work.

Peter from Brampton, ON

Collapse -
Sweet
by ZombieZone / June 16, 2009 4:12 PM PDT

Mondays and Thursdays are going to be awesome--I love Cooley and Tong, especially when Molly's there to stir it up. Wednesdays will be great as well--I love how mad Natali gets at Rafe. Nice mix Tom, and I think the show will be better than ever with the continued evolution. Keep up the great work.

Collapse -
Do I have to be the first to say:
by Slikkster / June 16, 2009 9:21 PM PDT

Too much Tom and Jason! J/K...

I guess you anti-Natali people win, after all. Another successful internet uprising. Someone tell Iran.

Collapse -
Heh...
by paintguru / June 16, 2009 11:49 PM PDT

I was going to say "Who does this Tom guy think he is being on the show every day??" :). Glad to see a set host schedule....now I can download accordingly without having to research and see who is hosting every day. Thursdays are going to be golden.

Collapse -
I wouldn't give too much credit to them
by ktreb / June 17, 2009 12:33 AM PDT

Overwork is more like it, just like Molly. Natali's everywhere! And since CNET Live as we knew it is no more, Tom has the time to take the reigns of BOL.

Collapse -
I think it's hardly a coincidence
by Slikkster / June 17, 2009 1:41 AM PDT

Natali's moving to part-time status is basically the the "buried lead" of the story here. No matter the story from the top (and unless I missed something, there <i>hasn't</i> been a story), common sense would dictate that either Cnet got tired of all the rants, or Natali did. Some would say "Hey, power to the people!". I say, "be careful what you wish for". Next time it could be one of <i>your</i> favorites.

Just my gut telling me this, but I have a feeling that some of the "she was just starting to grow on me" comments I've seen might be just a little guilt-based. I could absolutely be wrong about that, however. Nevertheless, score one for the inmates.

Collapse -
Excellent Development
by ddeschen / June 17, 2009 4:42 AM PDT

IMHO Cooley, Wood, Needleman, Merrit are the best of the hosts. This schedule has at least 2 of them every day. This is great. People like Natali and Brian Tong round out the crew nicely.

Collapse -
B.Tong
by pablodda / June 18, 2009 11:14 AM PDT

You guys need to put my guy Brian Tong on more. Love that dude!

Collapse -
your bang on!
by elitemashy92 / December 9, 2009 10:36 AM PST
In reply to: B.Tong

he certainly is awesome...!

Collapse -
I'm back
by Balls_Maximus / June 18, 2009 12:08 PM PDT

I'm drinking a miller Chill, and it's terrible

Collapse -
Only after the first couple...
by kwahhn / June 18, 2009 1:54 PM PDT
In reply to: I'm back

then it gets better.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.