Question

new Gigabyte A75M-D2H motherboard not turning on

I've just got a new gigabyte a75m-d2h motherboard and when I turned it on, nothing happened. I'm guessing it's my PSU.
My PSU is LC-B350ATX 115/230V.

What PSU should I get?
How do you know how much volts a motherboard requires?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: new Gigabyte A75M-D2H motherboard not turning on
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: new Gigabyte A75M-D2H motherboard not turning on
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
A 350 Watt PSU? How old is that?

I'm left to guess this is some upgrade to an old machine. Some old supplies have issues such as not being rated for new hardware plus age. At just a few years old, a PSU can be half the capacity as new.

There's another issue in the motherboard choice. One of the PCie slots is x16, the other is x4. Some video cards will not come up in the x4 slot.

The Volts is an odd question. The ATX connection is standardized and you should not be changing the voltages.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
PSU

The PSU capacity really depends on what you are going to use it for, general use, gaming etc. It is hard to say how high an output you will require since you mention nothing of what other components you are going to install on/in the motherboard. You cite the basic voltage 115/230v input for your present PSU but not the wattage, which would be the primary concern for service capability.

CNET Forums