Samsung forum

Question

New frimware released (ver 1057) for UN55ES8000F

by mystiky2015 / March 26, 2015 11:26 AM PDT

Hello everyone.

I last wrote a few months ago when firmware (ver 1056) was released. I heard back from many users about the horrible issues that people were having.

Now, I see that there is a newer 1057 version (dated February 11, 2015) posted on the Samsung official website.

Has anyone tried it? I have the year 2012 model of the UN55ES8000F so I want to make sure that it's worth the upgrade from my current 1054.4 version.

Thank you for any & all feedback.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New frimware released (ver 1057) for UN55ES8000F
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New frimware released (ver 1057) for UN55ES8000F
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
New firmware 1057 for UN55ES8000F - Kills WIFI
by MElsbol / March 27, 2015 10:33 AM PDT

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">I upgraded to version 1057 on my TV for 6 days ago. Immediately after the update the TV lost its ability to connect to my wireless network. When trying to configure the network settings, the menu disappears as soon as it has search for available networks. Sometimes I am able to see the name of my network for a fraction of a second before the menu exits. <span>

<div><span>Through a WIFI scanner I noticed that the TV is broadcasting its name up until that very moment when the menu disappears. After that it won't start broadcasting again until it has been turned off/on. </div><span>

<span>I contacted Samsung support and got the worst support ever. The supporter didn't relate to the things I wrote and forced me through a standard level 1 support even though I told him that I had already done those things. He kept writing "I understand your requirement. . ." At the end he stated that this problem was not caused by Samsung and that I would have to pay for a repair service because the TV was beyond the warranty period.
<span>

<div><span>In the meantime there are several articles on the Internet outlining the a similar problem with this version of the firmware.

Check out his link: http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2479887/samsung-smart-network-connection-issue-un60es8000.html </div><span>

<div><span>I tried to reset it to the factory default, which did nothing except running me through the initial setup procedure. </div><span>

<div><span>I got a version 1054 downloaded to my computer, which I tried to install via USB but the TV says it can't find any upgrades on the USB stick. Just to be sure, I formatted the USB stick to the FAT32 format but that didn't help either. </div><span>

<div><span>I tried to plug in a network cable to have the TV try to update the firmware again, via the online option, but got the message that I already have the newest version. </div><span>

<span>My advice is that you consider it carefully before you install this firmware.
<span>

<span>I am now waiting for Samsung to call me back which they promised to do within 2 business days. Apparently that is not working either. . .
<span>

<div><span>Guess it felt good to get his out of my system. . . but my TV still doesn't connect through WIFI. </div><span>

<span>I would really appreciate if anyone would happen to have a solution to this or if there happened to be a Samsung employee who would read this post and light up under the developers at Samsung.

Collapse -
looks like 1057 is bad
by mystiky2015 / March 28, 2015 5:53 AM PDT

Thanks for the reply. I found some very negative stuff on 1057 myself, so I think its best that I stay with 1054.4 until I see a newer built. So sad that Samsung tech support is turning into a large fiasco.

Collapse -
Answer
No WiFi with firmware 1057
by PissedPatty / April 12, 2015 6:14 AM PDT

I was prompted by Amazon prime, to do an update on my TV, 3/29/2015 . SamsungUN60ES8000FXZA, 2012. It updated to firmware 1057 and WiFi immediately stopped connecting. My story is similar to everyone's. I talked to a nice lady , Julie, at the Geek Squad 800-433-5778 on 3/29/2015. At first she hadn't heard of this problem, but after staying on phone with me for over 45 mins, she confirmed that, yes, there was a problem with 1057, and the higher up "Techs" had yet to fix it. I then emailed Samsung, and they gave me all the usual, reset.... yadda yadda.
I have to believe there are thousands of people out there having this problem. How come so few, are complaining?
There should be a better way to address this issue. Maybe we should bring Amazon in on this, threaten to sue them, since they seem to have prompted a lot of people to do this update?
I spent over 4000$ for this TV.... and it's the only TV in my house.

Collapse -
I'd keep my transaction numbers handy and
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 12, 2015 7:15 AM PDT
Collapse -
As the first amendment states:
by PissedPatty / April 12, 2015 9:23 AM PDT

I am not threatening the legal route, I am suggesting we all should find a better way to resolve this issue.
I have not heard any solutions from Samsung... have you? All the internet suggests, this has been going on since Jan /2015.(starting with firmware 1056)

No word from Samsung on trying to fix this problem.

If I can't use Netflix, or Amazon prime, or Hulu Plus,
without us stating, that we have a problem,(this specific problem) who would benefit, from fixing this problem?

Maybe we should all discontinue, our memberships in these companies, until they force Samsung to fix the update, that prevents us from using them on our devices?
We just keep paying for a service, that our devise will not use?
Because we don't have any way to fix it?
We are just small time consumers.
Maybe, all the big companies, should get the "Big Time Techs" together, and FIX THIS.
I do appreciate your conversation.
Someone in Tech at Samsung... goofed up... it would take only seconds, to fix it.
I do have the option to discontinue all of these "paid services", if Samsung cannot fix the problem, that I cannot utilize.

Collapse -
Sorry
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 12, 2015 9:30 AM PDT

I can only share what could happen if you mention "I'll sue" in the conversation. If you were unlucky someone could write that down and now it's not a tech support issue. I'm sharing this to help you avoid all this. Now that you want to trot out 1st and this rights I don't know if we can converse, talk about this stuff. You may be ready to set me on fire?

-> It's been a haunting issue about Samsung's network services. No one has dared talk about what happens when Samsung pulls out of this area.
Bob

Collapse -
PS. Always try the usual 8.8.8.8 DNS change.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 12, 2015 10:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Sorry

Given your reply I don't know if you want to converse. Some folk don't. They want blood.

But as noted it could be a bum update. Get your transaction numbers and escalate. Keep escalating.

Collapse -
Answer
I have contacted Amazone Prime...everybody contact them!
by PissedPatty / April 13, 2015 8:51 AM PDT

Today I contacted Amazon Prime, about this issue of Firmware 1057 not working, and asked them , in a nice way, that we need some bigger guns, to address this issue, since Samsung is not fixing it. They emailed me back, and said "We have put our Instant Video Team, on this issue, thanks for letting us know about it"

This may mean nothing... but if we let all of our providers, know about this issue, they can address it, with a lot more big money, than we can , as individual consumers.
Thanks, Patty Guggenmos.

Collapse -
Answer
I have the same issue in Argentina
by RamiroSantivanez / August 17, 2015 1:38 PM PDT

I call Samsung in Argentina but they said they need to change the motherboard in order to fix it. I tried to download a new firmware but there is no update. If anyone could solve this issue please reply to me.
Best Regards
Ramiro

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?