Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Samsung forum

Question

New frimware released (ver 1056) for UN55ES8000F ?

by mystiky2015 / January 1, 2015 10:27 AM PST

By chance, I tried to see if there is a new firmware out for my 2012 model of UN55ES8000F, and it looks like there is indeed a version 1056 (it downloaded it from within the TV but I have not allowed it to install).

I checked with the official support page from Samsung for the UN55ES8000F model:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN55ES8000FXZA

and the latest firmware listed there is still 1054.4 from November 5, 2013.

Can anyone please enlighten me as to what is new with this 1056 version (fixes or gives something new) ?

All input is appreciated!

Discussion is locked

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Always call that question in and ask.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 1, 2015 2:13 PM PST

Why risk bricking a TV?

Collapse -
new firmware
by mystiky2015 / January 1, 2015 9:38 PM PST

I am sure that if that firmware would be bricking TV's, we would have had plenty of messages about it on the Internet. Yes, there is always a risk but guess what, sometimes it maybe worth it.

Anyone else with more of a relevant reply to what I originally asked about?

Collapse -
Why yes, there are such messages on the web.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 2, 2015 12:32 AM PST
In reply to: new firmware

Not limited to your model. The phone call here takes about 5 minutes. It's the fastest way to get your answer.

You could try AVS Forums as well.
Bob

Collapse -
still no info
by mystiky2015 / January 2, 2015 6:25 AM PST

call and chatted with Samsung. They have NO idea about this firmware as the website has no info on it.

I asked if they have more access to data than I do, and they said no.

Collapse -
Now you have a Service Issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 2, 2015 7:03 AM PST
In reply to: still no info
Collapse -
Wi-Fi
by Highland_Logan / January 2, 2015 8:05 AM PST

This new firmware, and thoses for the 2012 models around the world are causing Smart Hub, and wi-fi issues. This is all over the av forums. I have tried to reach out to a Samsung programmer in Canada, but it appears he is on vacation. I have seen posts that others have contacted Samsung customer service. I have not seen a fix, and with wi-fi problomatic, you would need to hardwire to your router, if an update/fix was forthcoming.

DO NOT USE THIS UPDATE

Collapse -
Good advice. Don't update unless you have to.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 2, 2015 8:12 AM PST
In reply to: Wi-Fi

Sam usually gets it right but given what happens when they blow it, well that's in the forums too.

Collapse -
bad firmware?
by mystiky2015 / January 2, 2015 9:23 AM PST
In reply to: Wi-Fi

Thanks for the response. Can you please give me a link or two regarding the issues with what you wrote. I tried searching all over the AV forum and could not find anything. I tried "firmware 1056" "version 1056" and it all gave me nothing!

Collapse -
Small screen
by Highland_Logan / January 2, 2015 11:15 AM PST
In reply to: bad firmware?

I'll post some links when I get to my PC. I find it a tad difficult trying from a tablet. But there are reports on this forum, and the other major av foums are mostly non-North Amercian, so the firmware number isdifferent.

Collapse -
still waiting
by mystiky2015 / January 4, 2015 11:42 PM PST
In reply to: Small screen

still waiting for any and all "links" to the "problems".

Collapse -
ver 1056
by Rforce865 / January 5, 2015 9:33 AM PST

I wish that I had an answer for you. I have a un60es7500 and recently updated. I can no longer connect to wireless. Samsung support has been absolutely useless. Samsung reps could not tell me what the update fixed, All of my attempts to convince them that the update caused the wireless issue fell on deaf ears. I've had the set for two years, this was my first experience with CS... any news on this is much appreciated

Collapse -
You now have a service issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 5, 2015 10:12 AM PST
In reply to: ver 1056
Collapse -
Answer
fw 1056
by Rforce865 / January 9, 2015 9:03 PM PST

Although I couldn't tell you for sure, but I updated and I've had serious issues with wifi and smarthub since...Hours on the line with samsung were no help, but one email from them gave me this:

This firmware update will improve the following:
- Supports 2013 Evolution Kit(SEK-1000)
- Solves Netflix login issue
- Support iOS Smart view app..
- Support Angry Birds app. and Yahoo SyncPlus app..
- Improves performance of Smart Hub
- Adds print function in photo applications such as the Photo function of AllShare Play or Picasa.
- Supports Samsung Audio Dock and Wireless Keyboard VG-KBD1500
- Resolves compatibility issue with DLNA devices and network router/switch.
- Improves picture quality.
- Enhances Voice Recognition feature.

Collapse -
Answer
Can confirm, do NOT update to this firmware
by RickwithasilentP / January 10, 2015 7:22 AM PST

I was hoping to find some help on here and now I see I'm not alone. Just joined so I could post my own experience. I updated the TV (UN55ES7500) about four days ago to ver. 1056. Once the update was complete, the connection to my home network was lost. As in LOST lost. As in the TV will not even recognize ANY networks. I have tried to add manually, yet still nothing.
So in the hopes of a remedy, I thought I'd try to manually install firmware from Samsung USA by thumbdrive. Yes, I am tech savvy. The television will not recognize the files on any thumbdrive I've tried. (Yes, they're freshly formatted, fat32, etc., etc.).
I've also put a call in to Support, which got me nowhere fast, except doing the things I'd already done. They seem to think the TV needs a service call. Really??? Am I supposed to pay for a fix when it's quite obvious their software caused the issues?
Sorry for the rant, but does anybody have any input/ideas/suggestions? Trust and believe I'll think twice before downloading any future updates!

Collapse -
Answer
Downloaded Firmware
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 12, 2015 12:59 AM PST

Hello, Mystiky2015.
If you have already downloaded the firmware, but it's just not showing that you have the current version, try going through the menu to Support> Software Upgrade>Alternative software. It will prompt you to go ahead and upgrade to the latest version from there. If that doesn't work, I would suggest factory resetting the television.
Regards,
HD TECH

Collapse -
Answer
New firmware no wireless on us46es8000
by CANOFSPAM / February 8, 2015 12:04 AM PST

My experience with the new firmware AND Samsung has been terrible.
immediately lost wifi connection. Story is as follows....

When I tried to log onto Amazon Prime app in smart hub to watch a movie I had a black screen with directions to upgrade to new firmware. Looked on Samsung site, they said the same.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN46ES8000FXZA

so I installed the firmware from the tv (not usb) it rebooted after the download and install and my wifi was disconnected. After trying to reconnect a number of times I was able to reconnect, but it was very sporadic and sometime I would have to try a quite a few times before it would connect. Getting into smart hub was almost a joke it was taking so long. I had connected and reconnected the router a number of times with no change.

After putting up with that for a few days I called tech support. They connected remote to the tv, messed around a while looking at stuff, finally said I needed to reset to factory default. So we did that. When it rebooted I lost wifi COMPLETELY!!.

I''ve been on the phone with Samsung for over 4 hours total and all they did was send me around in circles, finally saying my wifi card is damaged. I told them that it was not until I did the firmware update did I start to have problems. All they way is my tv is out of warranty. When I asked if anyone else had called in about the problem with the firmware update, they said no.
I for one will be filing a complaint with BBB so if nothing else they will have to answer that. This so reminds me of a company (such as a automobile company) that KNOWS there is a problem but denies a problem or knowledge of it.
Hopefully they will have a update for it soon. I will be calling again Monday to complain again,
In the mean time, I've hooked up a Roku to get Netflix and Amazon Prime. I will not be bull-pinned in by their stupid games.
Again I would suggest writing a complaint to the local BBB, calling them again, going up the ladder complaining and writing the company exec support and the CEO.
http://www.samsung.com/in/info/contactus.html#

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!