HolidayBuyer's Guide

Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

New Forums

by Hounddog / October 22, 2003 9:11 AM PDT

I used to visit 6 different forums and had each 1 bookmarked.Now if i go to computer newbies and bookmark it then go to win98 and try to bookmark it will overwrite the first 1???Anyway around this besides putting each 1 in a different folder?
Bob.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New Forums
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New Forums
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:New Forums
by Patricia / October 22, 2003 9:31 AM PDT
In reply to: New Forums

I had the same problem and am also using Win 98.

It turned out to be quite simple. This is in IE, we haven't got Netscape working yet with these forums. While in this Newbie forum I clicked on ADD to favourites, then in the box where it shows the URL I backspaced and typed in CNet Newbies. Then I went on to the Virus & Security forums, and did the same thing; renaming the address shown to Virus & Security. They are the only 2 I probably will need.

However, while in the favourites, I made a new sub folder in my FORUMS folder, called CNet, and put those 2 bookmarks in that folder.

'Works fine. I'll figure out Netscape and Opera later.

Have fun.
Pat

Collapse -
Hounddog, Pat Is Right !
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 22, 2003 1:05 PM PDT
In reply to: New Forums

<b>As we talked about previously:</b>

Visit the forum/page of your choice,(each forum should have a different URL in the address bar at the top of your Internet Explorer window) click on 'Favorites' in the upper left, choose 'Add to Favorites', create the name that you want the link to be and make sure it's different from the last one, then click on OK.

I've saved a separate link to each one of the forums that I frequent. Here are a couple of direct links. You'll see they are slightly different with different 'forumID' listings.

Computer Newbies
http://reviews.cnet.com/5204-6121-0.html?forumID=45&start=0

Computer Help
http://reviews.cnet.com/5204-6122-0.html?forumID=44&start=0

Hope this helps, too.

Grif

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.