HolidayBuyer's Guide

Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

New Forum

by Phillip62 / October 25, 2003 9:18 AM PDT

I really don't see why they took a good thing and changed it

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New Forum
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New Forum
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:New Forum
by Perry Rick / October 25, 2003 1:55 PM PDT
In reply to: New Forum

Well I was here for several years now.It's been nice.But this changing every 2 years sucks.All those old messages are now gone.The looks of this new forum that'll be changed in another 2 years doesn't look any better than any of the others.So with that said.I want to wish everyone a very sad good bye.I'm off to other forums that haven't changed yet.I'll be back if they put things back the way they were.If not See Yu.

Collapse -
Re:Re:New Forum
by David Chan / October 25, 2003 2:57 PM PDT
In reply to: Re:New Forum

Rick,

Perhaps you should stay a while as the Management is looking at implementing several new improvements/features to the new Forum software.

Whilst the loss of the vast resources from the old forum is deeply regretted the people that contributed to generating those are still around to offer assistance when needed.

Ultimately it the community members that makes these Forums a success.

The database may be lost but in view of the fact that technology changes every minute, new and more effective solutions are always discovered and shared on these forums.

So I urge you to reconsider and stick around and give these message boards a chance to work out it's bugs.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:New Forum
by Donna Buenaventura / October 25, 2003 4:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Re:Re:New Forum

I second the advise of David <b> to reconsider and stick around and give these message boards a chance to work out it's bugs.</b>

The admin of this forum informed us before (announcement made in the old forum) that bugs might arise and he asked a help to report the bug or error that we will find by posting in Feedback forum.

Hope you'll stay and keep this forums alive. I'll only leave this forum if the management is not attending on the problems but as you can see in the Feedback forum, the admin is reporting each day for any fixes and responding to any questions that has not been answered. This means the management is listening which is very good IMHO.

Hope to see you around Rick Happy

Collapse -
Long ago
by Perry Rick / January 8, 2005 9:08 PM PST
In reply to: Re:Re:Re:New Forum

Hello I just wanted to let you know I have returned to the forums.It has been a long time.But I'm back and ready to see what's going on in the Ol forum.Thanks

Collapse -
Forums
by crazeebob2000 / January 8, 2005 11:27 PM PST
In reply to: Long ago

I've been coming to this site since 01 and just about everything I know about this stuff, I learned here. I still consider myself a novice but it's nice to know where to turn for help. I really appreciate all you guys and gals. Keep up the good work and THANK YOU!

Collapse -
It does seem like there are a lot less posts now then before
by trytohelp / January 9, 2005 12:31 AM PST
In reply to: New Forum

When I accessed the this forum through zdnet. 1 1/2 or 2 years ago if you looked at or asked a question and went away for a day, you had to go to the second or third page to find it, that's how many people came here. Heck, now if you ask a question or answer a question and come back in a day it isn't even half way down the same page even if there has been no replys to it. And it's not that there aren't questions because there are some other boards that are just as busy as ever. Somehow something in the changes made people go away, maybe the makers of this site would learn from that. Or maybe they don't like a lot of business.

Collapse -
alot depends on which forums you are going to
by TONI H / January 9, 2005 12:59 AM PST

As people move to XP, there is less traffic in W95/98 and ME......as more people move to open source Office look-alikes rather than MS Office, there is less traffic there as well. I've posted here in XP and within two days had my post get to page 4 quickly. This is a very busy forum....

Newbies gets alot of traffic, but the faster people learn about their computers, the faster they migrate to a windows version specific forum instead so they drop out of one forum and get acquainted with another.

The traffic seems to be holding well with keeping older regular members and acquiring new members...they are just traveling around more than they used to before so it may appear on the surface that the forums don't get much traffic when it's actually more widely scattered now compared to before. People don't have a strong 'loyalty' to only one forum anymore like it used to be.

TONI

Collapse -
I understand you have to say that because you...
by trytohelp / January 9, 2005 1:17 AM PST

have the red m behind your name, but I've been to this forum off and on for the last 3 years and see that traffic has dropped off considerably. I don't just go to the XP forum, I also go to the newbies, help and browser forums. The only one I see that has more traffic than before is the browser forum and that's because of all the questions that pertain to Firefox.

Collapse -
I, Being a new..
by Haole / January 9, 2005 3:37 AM PST

member to Cnet Forums, a number of only a few days, do not understand the negative posts here. I have learned more from CNet in the last few days, than I have in the past few years, well alomost. I for one greatly appreciate all these forums have to offer. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.