Speakeasy forum

General discussion

New England Patriots are 12 and 0?

by taboma / December 3, 2007 1:56 PM PST

with a win over the Baltimore Ravens on the Monday Night Game. 27 to 24. New England knows how to close a game it seems.
Ravens looked good. The Patriot defense looked confused against the Raven's running game that was excellent! WOW, What a running game for the Ravens! Good team. A nail biter of a game.

Brady is one heck of a quarterback and pulled it out from a potential loss.
Brady is so cool and will take a sack in the pocket when he has to. (A few tonight) OUCH!!

The Hail Mary pass by the Raven's quarterback at the end of the game was close.
Offensive penilty would have nullified it anyway. (Almost a offensive tackle)
Unfortuatetely, the Raven's quarterback's name was not DOUG FLUTIE! :

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New England Patriots are 12 and 0?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New England Patriots are 12 and 0?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
And the BC Eagles were 7-0
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / December 4, 2007 10:20 PM PST

before they lost two in a row, too! I like the Pats, but their last two games were hardly overwhelming -- unless they get their act together quickly (especially a more credible running game), they won't make it to the Conference Championship, let alone the Super Bowl. OTOH, they may well finish the regular season undefeated, as only the Steelers and Giants are credible threats to that goal.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
And the BC Eagles were 7-0
by taboma / December 6, 2007 2:17 PM PST

Dave, The Steelers are already broadcasting they will win!
Should be a good game to watch.
Too bad the B.C. Team lost out for the Orange Bowl.
I hope you watched the V.Tech game last week. It was a good, close game. Go BC next year!!!

Well I guess all eyes will be on the Pat's V/S Steelers game.
I do not see the N.Y. Giants as a threat at all. Manning is no equal to his brother, Payton or to Tom Brady. I watched that Giants game last weekend.
Elie Manning looked bad to me.

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of the New England fans as well as Boston fans! Got to have some fun here. :

Collapse -
I agree re: Bill Russell
by Angeline Booher / December 4, 2007 10:58 PM PST

Our family were rabid fans of the Celtics in he Russell, Havlechek(?sp) , Cowen et al days.

Russell then took over for "Red".

IMO, the most exciting game ever was one after he became player/coach. Celtics had the ball out of bounds on the opponents side of the court. One second left on the clock. Russell shot- Basket and the win!!!

Pro basketball was different in those days. Seems the teams were actually teams, and not built around one or two players. Much less selfish/grand stand play then.

I have to say that I consider Michael Jordan the Secretariat of NBA players. Like Russell, he kept his head on his shoulders, unlike too many of those today,

Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
I agree re: Bill Russell?
by taboma / December 6, 2007 2:38 PM PST

"I have to say that I consider Michael Jordan the Secretariat of NBA players. Like Russell, he kept his head on his shoulders, unlike too many of those today."
Looks like the Boston Celtic are building a TEAM concept again.
I hope so.
I viewed a TV progragm on the life of Bill Russell last year.
It was amazing for him to keep his composure at all.
One year, in the town of Reading, MA, his house was broken into.
The thieves ransacked Bill's home. The worst insult was that they deficated on his bed. Sick people to do that. I wish they were caught.
Hateful, ignorent slime buckets at the time!

Well, Bill Russell has a nicer life right now, thank goodness.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?