General discussion

New earbuds needed...again

Once again, my Apple headphones have fallen apart. The grey stuff between the earbud and the 3.5mm wire has broken, and no amount of glue will hold it. So, I need some advice on new earbuds.

Here are my requirements: First of all, I really like the Apple in-ear headphones, except for the fact that they fall apart after a couple of months, so anything resembling them in audio quality and comfort would be great.

I really don't want to spend too much (under $100), but if you know of some really good ones that cost more, let me know about them.

I like short cords, none of this 6 foot c**p please!

A mic and volume controls would be great too, but only if they stay inconspicuous and light.

And I guess that's about it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: New earbuds needed...again
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: New earbuds needed...again
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
One word for you........

SKULLCANDY.
I swear by my skullcandys.
I own the Skullcandy Lowriders and recently purchased the Skullcandy Titan And absolutely love them.
I would never go back to Apples earphones. The Skullcandy Titans are great. Great sound quality, very very clear, and blocks out a lot of outside noise.
But hey thats just my opinion. good luck finding a pair you like

- Collapse -
(NT) I'll check them out
- Collapse -
Sorry to hear so

I thought I was the only one having to replace the earbuds over and over again. In my case, I used to run with my iphone and sweat always destroyed them.

I stopped using it for music while running and now I they only self-destruct after 8-9 months.

It's *amazing* how such an expensive product has those cheap earbuds...

Regards,

----
Juan

Message was edited by: admin to remove signature link which is prohibited in these forums, please use your CNET profile for such. Thanks!

- Collapse -
Apple needs better earbuds

I really wish Apple makes their earbuds as well as other products... i have replaced 3 pairs so far in 1 year!

- Collapse -
Good pair of earbud covers

I would try a good pair of earbud covers, like the ones we sell at http://brepps.com/. I am not trying to be self serving, but I read about a lot of issues with the grey ring falling apart and the earbuds hurting. You can pick up a pair of these very inexpensively and they will truly make you love your Apple earbuds again. I think Apple makes a really good product, they just get bad press about their earbuds. As for skullcandy, I would read this Gizmodo blog before you do that: http://brepps.com/secret-scam-cheap-earbuds.

CNET Forums