Speakeasy forum

General discussion

New dinosaur 'missing link' to plant-eaters

by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / May 4, 2005 10:37 PM PDT
'Missing link' dinosaur unearthed in Utah.
(Chronicle login: semods4@yahoo.com; pw = speakeasy)

For a better picture, (but less complete story) see here.
Of course, if there's no evolution, how do you explain these fossils' existence -- is God really Loki or Coyote?

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New dinosaur 'missing link' to plant-eaters
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New dinosaur 'missing link' to plant-eaters
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Don't tell these cretinous yahoos, Dave.
by Dan McC / May 5, 2005 12:01 AM PDT
Collapse -
Dinosaurs, grid lock, and D&D
by kmarchal / May 5, 2005 12:46 AM PDT

If you like dinosaurs here is one close to home
Dinosaur Valley State Park, located just northwest of Glen Rose in Somervell County.
or
If you have not been to the Smithsonian go see the Dinosaurs At The Smithsonian stay at the Residence Inn Greenbelt. They also have a shuttle to take you to the Greenbelt Metro Station.

and if you like to read
the Delaware Basin is interesting read imo

now to bite the worm

I still don't understand the grid lock of Creation vs Evolution

On October 22, 1996, in a message to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, Pope John Paul II acknowledged the significance of the mainstream theory of evolution. But his overall tone was cautious. And that evolution was now "more than just a hypothesis," as he was widely reported to have said is possibly a mistranslation of "more than one hypothesis". In any case the Pope went on to say, "Rather than the theory of evolution, we should speak of several theories of evolution."

Pope Pius XII stated so on 22 November 1951, early in the development of the theory. Either way, as long as the conversation keeps to the near side of the big bang, the theory holds nothing for science and religion to disagree about.

Yet why is it so hard for someone to think that without the guidance of an outside power who could have had a hand in developing a meaningful universe. Example. In that with time you can randomly beat on a keyboard, cut and paste at random you could never type out The Tempest without any outside guidance.

And Loki are we playing Dungeon and Dragons.

Collapse -
Two things.
by Dan McC / May 5, 2005 1:12 AM PDT

First, the catholic church is still coming to terms with the whole Earth going around the Sun thing, so give them a little time to work with 5th grade biology.

Second, 'The Tempest' was written without any outside guidance.

Dan

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) you telling me 'The Tempest' appeared from nothingness?
by kmarchal / May 5, 2005 1:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Two things.
Collapse -
Well, I didn't say that, so, no, I'm not.
by Dan McC / May 5, 2005 2:32 AM PDT

Your initial statement was vague as to what you had in mind as "outside guidance". I interpreted your meaning to be that "The Tempest", Shakespeare, quill, paper, and society were all "inside".

Dan

Collapse -
Hi, K.
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / May 5, 2005 3:03 AM PDT

Actually the Catholic Church is less opposed to science (unless, of course, it's medical science trying to improve the human condition by "unnatural" means) than many of the Protestant Fundamentalist churches. As for Loki, he and Coyote are "trickster gods" in two different myth systems, Norse and Amerind.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!