Cameras forum

General discussion

New Digital Camera - cannot upload photos

by espy4 / September 20, 2008 1:50 PM PDT

I received a Kinon Tiny VGA digital camera from an office party and used it for a week while my old camera was broken. I have installed the software but cannot get the pictures uploaded. It gives me an error message the the camera is not connected (it's connects by USB). I cannot find anything online regarding this brand of camera. Can anyone help?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New Digital Camera - cannot upload photos
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New Digital Camera - cannot upload photos
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Never heard of them.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 20, 2008 11:30 PM PDT

But if there is help it's likely from the person who you handed the money to.

My recurring fix to photo upload issues is to unplug the SD MEMORY CARD from these cameras (you didn't tell much about that camera and I didn't find it online) and put that in my laptop or some other card reader.

Collapse -
Neither have I expect for this one
by espy4 / September 21, 2008 4:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Never heard of them.

Thank you for your response. It was a prize at an office party and I don't even know who made the purchases so I can't track it down that way. It doesn't have a memory card it just hooks to a computer through a USB cord. I couldn't find anything about them online either and the box and accompanying software does not have a web address. Do you think if I took it to a digital photo processor, they might be able to figure it out?

Thanks again for your help!

Collapse -
Sorry, no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 21, 2008 4:52 AM PDT

I think the photo processor might just look at it and ask you for the memory card like I did. We have posts in this forum about several off brand models and the outcome and feedback is never good.

Best bet? Loan it to the guru you have in your company or circle of friends and see if they can make it go.

Collapse -
Checklist for camera
by BobbyNiel / October 5, 2008 9:03 PM PDT
In reply to: Sorry, no.

You have said that your camera was a gift. But when you start looking for a digital camera, you want to use the digital camera comparison checklist for each camera. The first thing on your checklist should be model of camera and the price. Then you should note the megapixels, optical zoom and digital zoom. Another thing you need to know is what the internal memory is without the memory card. The next thing you should find out is the type of memory card that is used in the digital camera. You will also need to know if the camera has video capabilities and if it does, does it include sound.May be the camera wasn't that good. But you can alter the camera features and get good quality pictures from the same. Try out and enjoy the presentation.

Thank you!!

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?