Samsung forum

General discussion

"New Device Not Found USB1 Power Overload" message

Samsung LN46C670M1FXZA TV-How to get rid of the "new device not found message"? I have "powered" all devices and reset TV and message remains on screen. Any other suggestions out there?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: "New Device Not Found USB1 Power Overload" message
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: "New Device Not Found USB1 Power Overload" message
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
USB

In reply to: "New Device Not Found USB1 Power Overload" message

If there's nothing connected to a USB port, maybe the port has been damaged.

Collapse -
Damaged USB port

In reply to: USB

Samsung LE32C50F1W tv:
I have a "New Device Not Found / USB1 Power Overload" - which started appearing after my wife bumped into the TV and knocked out the memory stick that was plugged in. I think that the USB drive is now damaged - is there any way to assess this, any way to fix this and (most urgently) any way to get that message off my screen? Any suggestions are welcome...thanks!

Collapse -
Damaged USB port

In reply to: Damaged USB port

draminal,

Collapse -
Firmware update helps

When we had the USB1 power overload error message problem, I searched all over the net and came across this thread. With no solution available, I contacted the Samsung customer care.

In our TV the USB ports worked fine, but the error message stayed and was very annoying.

Customer care gave us a firmware update which helped!!

Collapse -
USB Port message

In reply to: Firmware update helps

We are experiencing this same problem currently. THIS tv IS the replacement tv for one that just stopped working one day (it was only 9 months old). It is extremely frustrating to have this brand-new- out-of-the-box tv having this problem. It took 3 visits from the Geek Squad to confirm that the last tv was "unfixable". When we contacted customer service they stated that they will send something to us to fix this problem.. Well, we are still waiting. It should have been shipped overnight to us, not having to wait days for this "fix".. I will NEVER buy Samusung again, nor will I shop at Best Buy.

Collapse -
Annoying USB1 power overload error message on Samsung TV

I had the same exact issue with my TV which is only 6 mths old, I was so annoyed with it, I actually unplugged everything from the TV ports, my speakers my Apple TV my DVD player even removed the TV cable cord from the wall and the message still came up, so I finally ended up calling the samsung customer service line last night and they also provided me with the same solution "Firmware update" which they sent to me via email, now I just havel to upload that firmware update on USB memory stick and plug it on to TV port and hopefully get that problem fixed but if not, second option will be to call them back to get someone from their designated tech services to look at my TV. the third option will be to get it exchanged as it is still covered under the one year manufacturer's warranty. BEST BUY where I bought it won't exchange it. Overall I have to say that I am very disappointed with this brand purchase, I was so excited to have my very first big flat screen TV so reluctant to buy one since they came out, now I am even more skeptical to try and use the other features within the thing as I do not want to see any more of these unexpected error messages displayed on the screen. Not such as smart TV after all! Guess I should have purchased the extended warranty at BEST Buy when offered. If you are looking to buy one of these TV's that would be my suggestion.
Thank you,
Annoyed Samsung Customer (PC)
Sad

Thank you,

Collapse -
Could you attach the firmware update?

That sounds great. Could you attach the firmware update? If not, where can I find it?

Collapse -
Link For Update

Hello

I realize that it is a long time since you have posted this post about the firmware update but i was wondering if you still had the link to the update, or if you knew how to get it

That would be a real help

Many Thanks

Riva Masters

Collapse -
TV Repaired

Thanks everyone. I performed all troubleshooting steps to include the update-message still appeared. TV was still under warranty-Samsung sent Service guy out and replaced Main PCB and IP Board.

Collapse -
irratating message box

In reply to: TV Repaired

I have a 2 year old Samsung tv,model Ln46c630k1fxza, with the same message box in the bottom left part of the screen.i bought this firmware update flash drive from ebay,and got it in 3 days.After uploading it,my problem was solved.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.