General discussion

New CPU

Hey I have just put iNTEL CORE 2 quad Q8400 in to my computer was going all good untill, the computer go's in to sleep mode once I try to use it again it will not load up it just stay's on a blank screen. And once I reset it will restore windows but take forever to load up (up to 5 min's) then it's fine. Dose anyone know what going on.

CPU Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.66GHz 2.67GHz
Memory: 8.00GB
Motherboard: Asus P5P43TD
System: Vista 32-bit (rating 5.9)

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: New CPU
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: New CPU
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Not sure ....but why install/run 8GBs RAM with an OS

that doesn't make full use of 4 GBs of RAM ?

Maybe you shouldn't set the "SYSTEM' to the 'sleep mode'. I set my system to run 24/7 except for the monitor...it's set to sleep after 60 minutes.

VAPCMD

- Collapse -
That 8GB and a 32 bit OS?

That's a clue your machine's designer needs a talking to. It's also a sign they likely didn't have an install plan. If they can't pencil out or supply "how to install Windows" then you want to find another designer.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info