Computer Help forum

General discussion

New computer will not wifi

I just purchased an acer 5315 with windows vista home premium.It is supposed to have their fantastic ACER eNet Management system with a preinstalled wifi. ACER Invlink 802.11 b/g wifi certified solution supporting Acer Signal up wireless technology. I cannot seem to connect anywhere. Is ther something I am supposed to do to register it or something. . It will work on the ethernet. Any help will do THX!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New computer will not wifi
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New computer will not wifi
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Talk to Acer

In reply to: New computer will not wifi

Talk to Acer, make it their problem.

Collapse -
Acer, no wifi

In reply to: Talk to Acer

Thanks Jim, But they did not publish their number in the referance books. Only an e-mail address. I cannot even call india and get an answer!!!

Collapse -
acer

In reply to: Acer, no wifi

well after purcasinf an acer 3515 and spending a week talking for hrs with their support team, I was finially told to return it to the store. The wifi hardware would not work. The store exchanged it for another. No problem. I hope this new one works.. It is a nice little lap top.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!