Alert

New Computer Not Installing Windows 7

About a week ago, I bought a new computer. Here are the parts a bought as a reference:
Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

PNY Optima 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model MD8192KD3-1333

APEVIA JAVA ATX-JV650W 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply

AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4100WMGUSBX

Western Digital WD AV-GP WD10EURX 1TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

So, I put together the computer, made sure all the plugs were in the right sockets, and tried to start it up with Windows 7. At the start up screen where it would normally show the windows 7 logo, nothing happened. I decided to restart the computer. After doing this about 20 times I realized something was wrong. I checked the top of my computer, and sure enough the light that recognizes that there is a hard drive in the computer wasn't on. I checked the plugs again and nothing worked. I even tried using a different hard drive but still no success. Any help about how I can fix this?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: New Computer Not Installing Windows 7
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: New Computer Not Installing Windows 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Tell a little more.

One poorer soul tried to use their Windows DVD from their Dell. It didn't work out.
Bob

- Collapse -
Since you put things together ...

you are the one who needs to trouble shoot the problem.

FIRST, can you access the BIOS as it does need to be set up prior to trying to install an OS -- the motherboard manual would be a big help to you there.

SECOND, if you were able to access the BIOS and set it up properly (just loading the defaults should get things rolling for you) did you ensure that the BIOS recognized the presence of the DVD and the hard drive and that the DVD is set as first boot device with the hard drive set as the second boot device?

Answer those and we can continue work from there.

- Collapse -
Hard drive spinning up ? Tried another power connector

to the drive ? Tried another SATA port ?

VAPCMD

CNET Forums