Desktops forum

General discussion

new computer advice

just wanted to know if you guys thought this was a good deal or if I can get a similar deal at a lower price- use willl be for home entertainment, games, video edit.

At Dell for about $1700

Dell Dimension 9100 Pentium

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: new computer advice
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: new computer advice
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE:

In reply to: new computer advice

Be sure to use the dell coupons. Might be able to get the price lower than $1700.

Roger

Collapse -
Can't seem to find

In reply to: new computer advice

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) is there really such a gfx card as the x600se?

In reply to: Can't seem to find

Collapse -
Yep...

In reply to: (NT) is there really such a gfx card as the x600se?

Collapse -
Employee & Affiliates Purchase Program

In reply to: Can't seem to find

i work in a hospital that has an assoc. with dell
its called Employee & Affiliates Purchase Program

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=us&cs=2232&l=en&s=eep

-$2,276
$1,591
1. After $300 OFF Instant Savings
2.And $325 OFF EPP Exclusive Offer
3.And $60 Service Mail-in Rebate
4.an extra 12% off bc of the 4year at home service
$1,393

it goes up to 1700 after adding 9 in 1 card, upgrading DVD, adding software, and speakers

Collapse -
Oh, with those discounts

In reply to: Employee & Affiliates Purchase Program

may be ok (you didn't indicate), however I would also include $10 for getting a 'Recovery/backup CD'.

Me personally would save some dollars like not getting the 4 yrs support warranty...just 1 year and save $220. With that money apply towards the Nvidia 6800 graphics video card.

I would (just me of course) not spend $99 for McAfee Security Center with Virus Scan, Firewall, Spyware removal. Can get all that with free AVG or Avant Anti-Virus programs, Zone Alarm Firewall, AdAware and SpyBot Spyware. Can even watch the numerours sales (like I do each year ) and get the Nortons Systems Works free after mail-in rebates.

Dell changes their online prices and juggles the free stuff around every week usually on Wed or Thursdays. Good to check for several weeks for different 'buy's'. If you miss the one you want, just wait for awhile it will return some weeks later. For instance, eariler today I saw they were offering the 20" Ultra LCD with the package, and now it is not there. Perhaps they made a mistake and withdrew it. Free printers would not be much of an incentive...can buy cheap HP's elsewhere that will work great.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!