Question

New Build Won't Boot from Disk

I have a Biostart N68S3B MOBO. When I boot it up, everything loads, I do get one message on the screen that says "DQS training failed on previous boot, reverted to slower DRAM speed" but other than I don't see any problems. When I get the option to go to Bios or continue with default settings it brings me to a screen that says the below.

Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

When I press a key, it just keeps displaying that same message. Does anyone know what the problem can be? I've tried more than one installation disk too. Is there even a way to get to dos from here? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: New Build Won't Boot from Disk
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: New Build Won't Boot from Disk
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Have you installed ...

any operating system on the hard drive yet? If not you can't boot to anything other than the CMOS Setup where you can set up the BIOS and select the boot order.

Then you make use of a bootable Operating System installation CD or DVD to boot for the OS Installation.

The "DQS training failed ..." message indicates that you might have mismatched RAM or you might have the timing or speed set incorrectly (try AUTO) or you have the RAM in the wrong slots for your configuration or you are running an unsupported RAM speed. READ what your motherboard manual tells you about populating the RAM slots and the RAM supported by the board.

- Collapse -
Answer
Re: boot

I'd first solve that setting problem.

Then check
(a) what boot device you selected
(b) if those installation disks (what installation disks?) will boot on another PC

If motherboard, CD/DVD-drive and hard disk are OK it should boot from a bootable disk.

Kees

CNET Forums