Samsung forum

General discussion

New 2009 "B" series

Just saw the new PN63B550 at my local video store and thought it looked amazing.Price was well under MSRP. Just wondering if any one else has seen or gotten one. Your thoughts would be appreciated before I make the plunge.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New 2009 "B" series
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New 2009 "B" series
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
New 2009 "B" series

In reply to: New 2009 "B" series

nacho1162,

Welcome to the forum.

I'll bump this up to see if anyone wants to answer.

If you have any specific spec questions, I'd be happy to help.

--HDTech

Collapse -
ln46b630

Samsung HD Tech:

I had a couple of questions on the 2009 models, specifically the ln46b630. This does have the matte, not the glossy screen, right?

Also, I have only found one website selling this set and one other through which you can order it, to be shipped when it is available. When will this set be available for wider distribution?

Thanks!

Collapse -
LN46B630

I have purchased this LCD HD TV (LN46B630). My wife hates it cause i am having trouble setting the picture. Seems it is fuzzy or something. Can you help my poor soul so the old lady will get off my back? Would be much appreciated.

Collapse -
LN46B630

In reply to: LN46B630

theabater,

What are you watching that might be causing the picture to be fuzzy? Is there a difference when watching HD channels?

--HDTech

Collapse -
LN40B630 registration issues

In reply to: LN46B630

I went to Samsung's web site to register my new tv and I could not register it under the model I purchased.
I purchased a LN40B630, but when I put in the S/N the registration changed it to a LN40A630.
I have double checked the back and it's model: LN40B630N1F.
Why won't it register correctly or why can I not change this in my registration?
I've contacted support but have not heard from them. Thanks for the help. Kent

Collapse -
LN40B630 registration issues

In reply to: LN40B630 registration issues

rkd46,

I'm not sure why this is happening. You can also register your television by calling 800-SAMSUNG in the meantime, and I'll look into this.

--HDTech

Collapse -
LN46B550

Well, I don't have the plasma one, but I have the LCD version and it is probably the best picture quality for the price! I was able to convince BB to price match down to $1200!

Collapse -
Glade to hear your enjoying your new Samsung

In reply to: LN46B550

I just purchased a new 2009 63" PN63B550 plasma. I mainly went with the plasma because I was replacing a 61" rear projection set and I didn't want to down grade screen size. Plasma is basically your only option for any thing above 60"s. I got it out the door for $2825.00 and since I purchased it in Oregon (no sales tax) it was an even sweeter deal. I'm a very happy boy right now.

Collapse -
Samsung PN63B550 black level

In reply to: Glade to hear your enjoying your new Samsung

Hi nacho1162!!

Are the black levels good on your PN63B550 plasma?

Blurayx

Collapse -
PN63B550

In reply to: Samsung PN63B550 black level

I think the black levels are amazing. A definite big improvement over my old big box set that I replaced. I have my PS3 hooked up to it and blu-ray movies are stunning. I will be upgrading to Direct TV HD this week and have planes to upgrade my AV receiver in the next several weeks (pre-ordered Sony STR DN1000). Cant wait for all of it to be complete.

Collapse -
PS58B850

In reply to: PN63B550

Thanks for the reply!!

I'm hoping to buy the PS58B850 when it's released in the UK,in 2 weeks time.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.