PC Applications forum

General discussion

Never under any circumstances use Norton

I do not use their products, I never will. I get call day after day after day from people with Norton installed on their machines.

I used to swear by Norton antivirus until I found two viruses on my machine with a complety up to date Antivirus program from Norton installed.
System works, is a resource hog. And it is so invasive. Norton is one of those products that rapes the home user and makes them feel good about the raping.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Never under any circumstances use Norton
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Never under any circumstances use Norton
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
And for everyone like you

In reply to: Never under any circumstances use Norton

there is someone else who has no problems and finds it to be a good program.

Collapse -
And there is a virus for every end loser using Nortons

In reply to: And for everyone like you

After many years of using V-Com Systemsuite (Trend Micro Anti-virus) and NEVER, repeat NEVER, Did you catch that norton lover, NEVER getting a virus. Norton lovers, what a pack of gamblers, You will get a virus and typically it will trash nortons in such a way you will have to reinstall your operating system. So enjoy your ignorance, though I have never found ignorance to be bliss, not where data is involved.

Wake up and get a real anti virus program.

Collapse -
norton system works

In reply to: And there is a virus for every end loser using Nortons

I've tried all the rest and nortons the best. Play with a loser if you like, but a loser you'le be.

Collapse -
About Norton SystemWorks.

I had no problems with NSW on Windows 98 and 98 2nd edition. My problems started using XP Pro SP2 with NSW 2005. Anti virus sometimes did not operate or blocked some applications.

I then moved to Kaspersky new security suite which is automatically updated almost every one to three hours. Kasperski is more expensive to buy than Norton but it is considered as being the best security product in Europe.

Since then I did not faced any problem at all !

Collapse -
Norton System Works

Two computers in our household used Norton Anti-virus, firewall, and System Works. When I purchased a new computer, I gave my old one to my daughter and tried to uninstall all of the Norton products. The anti virus and firewall uninstalled fine, but I could not uninstall all of System Works. I ended up having to reformat and reinstall the operating system because of the fragments of Norton System Works left behind in the system. While I vowed to never use Norton again, my husband still uses it and is happy with it. (I hope he plans to keep it forever, or I fear he'll go through the nightmare I went through.)
Needless to say, my new computer and my daughters computer do NOT have Norton Utilities installed on them.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.