General discussion

Never pirated a movie in my life

I was acused of pirating a movie and I would like a appolagie. I am a 47yr old grandmother and would never do anything like that. The person that said this is in this forum.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Never pirated a movie in my life
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Never pirated a movie in my life
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
"downloaded a movie on my limewire, Jarhead":

From your post at http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6142_102-0.html?forumID=31&threadID=227543&messageID=2370730&tag=mcnt#2370730 . Jarhead is a copyrighted work and not legally available to be shared via Limewire or other P2P use.

I suggest you not reveal you've done this since you could invite unwanted attention.

-> We are noticing that some don't consider using Limewire for such as "piracy" because they paid someone for "Limewire Pro." Sadly this is another form of piracy.

Sorry to read your post about this issue.

Bob

- Collapse -
There are many 'newbies'

who don't understand that getting movies downloaded that you pay for from legitimate sites (the kind that expire after a few days and can't be viewed any longer on your computer and can't be burned/copied to disk because they are temporary files only) isn't the same as paying P2P sites for those same movies not realizing that they are pirated from the git-go.

I feel badly for those who don't know the difference between the two and get accused because of ignorance, Bob....not enough to help them complete the piracy circle, but enough to explain to them that what they thought was legitimate and legal really wasn't. It's difficult to actually know which sites are okay to download from and which ones aren't now that many of the P2P sites are charging as well giving them the appearance on the surface of being legal sites.

From what I understand some of the major film industries are considering, if they haven't done so already, allowing people (for a fee) to download movies directly from them....again on a temporary, the file will expire soon, basis. Is that true? And if so, do you know which ones?

TONI

- Collapse -
If you've been listening to the CES coverage,

You seen the beginings of the digital download system you wrote about. I already have this on my cable DVR (pay fee, watch whenever during the week.) You also will see more as Apple has rolled out their iTV.

But you write "newbies." Maybe newbies learn this way?

Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info