Dell forum

Alert

Never Dell

by Dell_egator / November 5, 2013 7:45 AM PST

Hi everyone. I just want to let people to know how horrible Dell really is.

About a year ago I ordered a Alienware laptop from Dell. When it arrived it was basically broken, the very expensive GPU I payed for would not work nor did the sound card. I spent countless hours on the phone with Dell trying to figure out the problems and ultimately sent it in 4 times. All 4 times I sent it in for repairs Dell did nothing to fix it. For seven months I dealt with Dell and their constant excuses and lies. I spent at least 40 hours on the phone trying to figure out the problems with no help at all. Eventually Dell told me they lost my buy back plan I purchased along with the warranty. In the end Dell just told me to deal with it like it was my fault and problem.

I ended up fixing the system myself. There were no graphic or sound drivers even installed and parts weren't connected. Dell is still the worst company I can think of and wasted too much of my time with their stupidity. I hope none of you have to deal with Dell like I did. The Alienware M17x R4 is still falling apart and Dell never did anything about it, for that I would like to say it was the biggest mistake of my life dealing with Dell and I will never again.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Never Dell
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Never Dell
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Buyer Beware
by hapzap / December 3, 2013 6:06 AM PST
In reply to: Never Dell

I totally agree with you that they are a terrible company.

My pc is 6 months old and have had the motherboard, keyboard and mouse replaced, and still there are problems.
But if you Do buy Dell, remove all your backup drives before giving them access by remote control.

This is about DELL support. They will delete your data if you give them remote access and then will say they are not liable.
I have a Seagate backup drive and told the tech no but he still deleted all my backup drive. Deleted pictures of my deceased mother and other very important data that is nowhere else and said sorry but we are not responsible for data loss. Even though I told the tech, No and that it contained data that was nowhere else.

So BUYER BEWARE... if you do buy dell which I don't recommend.
My computer is still not paid for, not working properly, and now I will never trust them to fix it again. The mouse and keyboard are frequently either freeze up or are not recognized by the pc. I also have sudden unexplained shut downs, and they have been trying since the beginning to fix it. However, most of the time it has been lame attempts of just phoning me asking if the problems are still there. Not really working on repairing it.
This last time when they deleted all my I important stuff from my backup drive. they were difficult to get in touch with however, they are blaming me for it not being fixed because after the tech deleted my backup drive he wanted to take my system back to factory specs... and I told him he had done enough damage and no he could not mess with my system anymore. I even asked at that time for a supervisor and he just ended the chat instead.
Does anyone know if Dell backup and recovery software is necessary? It only asks for upgrades that I don't want or need. I have the operating system disk, drivers and utilities disk as well, so I don't need anything from this software. But every time it comes on it seems to cause problems I have mentioned it and even asked if it can be deleted and no comment is all I ever get from Dell.
Anyway, I will never buy dell and don't recommend anyone should either.

Collapse -
All buyers beware.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2013 6:10 AM PST
In reply to: Buyer Beware

I have yet to meet any company that safeguards YOUR files.

Sorry to read your PC is so much trouble but if you go with another maker, the story about your files seems to repeat.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?