Sony forum

General discussion

never buy a sony tv they turned into the lowest quality tvs

by nolan0120 / August 21, 2009 3:29 PM PDT

You can read thousands of similar complaints all across the internet from across the world how sony continues to produce defective lcs they have turned into a second rate company who sold thousands if not hundred of thousands of television sets knowingly with defecive parts primarily optical blocks. sony does not care if any shape or form about customer service but would rather as they have contiually made abudantly clear rather loose loyal customer who THOUGHT sony was top notch when it came to technology and customer service. As of right now, Sony has lost one class action law suit invloving a series of sets and has two more pending with a new and definitely largest class action law suit in the early stages of being filed. THE BEST ADVICE AS A ELECTRONIC EXTREMIST WHEN GOING TO PURCHASE A NEW TV WHETHER PLASMA OR LCD DO NOT WAIST YOUR MONEY BUYING SONY THEY ARE A SHELL OF WHAT THEY USED TO BE. AND THEIR SUPPOSED CUSTOMER RELATIONS IS A JOKE ONCE YOUR ONE YEAR WARRANTY IS UP THEY FORGET YOUR NAME. IF YOU DONT BELEIVE ME JUST DO A GOOGLE SEARCH UNDER SONY TVS AND OPTICAL BLOCKS PROBLEMS

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: never buy a sony tv they turned into the lowest quality tvs
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: never buy a sony tv they turned into the lowest quality tvs
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Agree
by grandpadu / August 22, 2009 10:03 AM PDT

Unfortunately, I have to agree. My KDFE42A10 is one on the latest class action suit in California. Sony is not standing up to the plate and doing the moral thing. They are not re-engineering the optical block and are not offering an equitable solution on a rebate. Simply repairing the optical block with a like one will not work. It will only last until the next projection bulb change or sooner. Prior to this I preferred Sony products, but can no longer feel like their products are first line.

Collapse -
Scream Louder on Facebook
by simply_bill / November 10, 2009 11:38 AM PST
In reply to: Agree
Collapse -
see link: infoforbetterbuys.blogspot.com re Sony Crap
by cakgwd02 / November 25, 2010 4:39 AM PST

Sony KDL46V3000 has a design flaw?
I believe there is a design flaw with this TV. The manual controls for the TV are located on the top center preventing proper heat ventilation for the LCD panel and tcon pcb curcuit board directly under it. This is the likely cause of a heat related LCD failure.
Posted by average joe consumer at 11:33 AM 0 comments Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Google Buzz
Labels: kdl46v3000
Thursday, July 22, 2010Sony LCD TVs are Samsung or Sharp LCDs
Did you folks know that Sony LCD TVs are actually made with either Sharp or Samsung LCD panels. I found this out when my Sony KDL46V3000 LCD TV panel failed at 18 months and out of warranty. I checked to see if just replacing the TCON pcb at about $49, would fix the single vertical red line problem in the middle of my display. I noted the part number for both the TCON pcb and the LCD panel was a Samsung part number. It turns out they must be replaced together, and the LCD panel costs more than the TV is worth.

I paid a premium for the Sony brand name believing it to be more durable than Samsung or Sharp. Therefore it would seem that the smarter purchase for this Joe consumer would have been to buy the Samsung or Sharp and use the Sony premium difference to pay for the extended warranty. It turns out there is a pretty high failure rate in LCD panels, and they are not repairable.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-lj94-01837h-t-con-board.htm
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100528202127AA5hSbn
Posted by average joe consumer at 7:20 PM 0 comments Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Google Buzz

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.