Internet Service Providers forum

General discussion

netzero help-problem starting netzero-software is already

by Nor636 / November 30, 2004 9:45 AM PST

Please help...my uncle's computer is having problems with Netzero and we need to fix it. It says Problem Starting Netzero. The Netzero software is already running, please close the software before restarting it. Error Code: 02 ..... nothing is working.. ~~Norma

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: netzero help-problem starting netzero-software is already
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: netzero help-problem starting netzero-software is already
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: netzero help-problem starting netzero-software is alread
by klynn434 / December 3, 2004 12:11 AM PST

Hi- Have you found an answer for this yet? My sister is having the same problem. It came up when NetZero Platinum ran an automatic update. She is running Windows 98.
Thanks-

Collapse -
It's their support.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2004 12:36 AM PST

You may notice that services that use such software get odd responses in these forums such as....

Q. "I have this AOL problem which is..."
A. "Call AOL support."

Q. "I have a NetZero install issue. Can you fix it?"
A. "Call NetZero since you pay for such."

The reason for such is simple. AOL/NetZero and others are what is called a walled garden. They have their own world of software and issues as well as a support database that we can't access.

If they can't resolve your issue, then you cancel your agreement and change providers.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: netzero help-problem starting netzero-software is alread
by Willy / December 3, 2004 8:24 PM PST

Netzero provides a support website to help resolve common problems, look for a FAQ or support.

INHO, I think your problem lies in the "startup" of netzero. If upon orginal install you allowed netzero to startup with you bootup, and then you hit the netzero icon on desktop, you're double loading the s/w. You need only to hit the browser icon to lauch into the web. It will try to dail, etc. after hitting the broswer icon. If none of this resolves the problem, unload/delete netzero, just be sure you know your username and password. Goto the directory that netzero was on and delete *all* leftover bits. Thus, when you reload netzero again and when prompted, answer "no, for load at startup". When finished, hit the netzero icon, go through new acct., and the dail-up selection procedure setting, etc. and save them. Then connect. etc., hopefully that resolves it. That's my best guess for now. Netzero will provide phone support for a cost, should you decide that route.

good luck -----Willy

Collapse -
Error 02

Problem starting NetZero,software is already running,please close the software before restarting it.ERROR CODE 02.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.