General discussion

Networking Help - PC, PS3

My PC (desktop) in on wired network (room 1)
My PS3 is also wired - connected to my wired receiver (HDMI) which in turn is connected to my TV (HDMI) (room 2)

I have set up PlayOn on PS3 - which allows me to watch few things on my TV - thru PC media server setup.

I wanted to watch my PC screen - and all display - directly on my TV (which is connected to my PS3).

I have tried a few things - which does allow me to stream music, video to my PS3.

I have web - subscription to some - sports channels and wanted to view them - not only on my PC monitor but also on my TV.

Any solutions - to this.

PS-Today I saw Push2TV at Best buy (Netgear) which is a great solution but only works on certain laptops.

Thanks..

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Networking Help - PC, PS3
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Networking Help - PC, PS3
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Let's see if I can find what you want to do.

"I wanted to watch my PC screen - and all display - directly on my TV (which is connected to my PS3)."

It seems that if you connect the PC to the HDTV you are done? I found a 500 buck laptop (core 2 duo, hdmi, 4GB ram, etc) and I'm done.
Bob

- Collapse -
Let's see if I can find what you want to do.

Definitely a solution. But the computer/laptop has to be tethered to the HDTV.

Any other options ...

thanks

- Collapse -
Then we have WIDI

I think you saw widi but you can google WIDI to learn more.

I take it that what you want is not in the stores?
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info