Question

Networking Drive connected to Samsung home theatre

Just a quick one people,

As the title suggests Im curious if its possible to network a drive that is connected to my Samsung Home Theatre system across the wireless network? Want to be able to copy files onto the drive from my mac without having to unplug the drive and plug it into my laptop.

If anyone out there knows anything about this, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Networking Drive connected to Samsung home theatre
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Networking Drive connected to Samsung home theatre
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Maybe.

If the drive is in some DLNA and NAS server it might work, but for now you are in a no-man's land of support.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks for the response Bob. No the drive is just a portable 1Tb number so looks like I'm out of luck. Cheers all the same.

- Collapse -
I'm a little confused.

If the drive is just a drive, how would it be a network drive without the rest of the computer to put it on a network?

- Collapse -

The samsung home theatre is connected to the network via wifi so I was thinking that the drive connected might possibly be accessed through this (especially seeing its of the "smart" variety that will play youtube vid, social networking rah rah rah). Might well be way off the mark though and overlooking something fundamental.

- Collapse -
So far, no HT I know does that.

I think a lot of consumers are confusing what their Windows and Apple PCs can do with these newer home theater systems.
Bob

CNET Forums