SOFTWARE:
Corel WinDVD 2010
MYMOVIES for windows media center
PlayReady PC
Nvidia Display Control Panel
Nvidia Drivers
Win7Codec
Microsoft Silverlight

Okay here is my problem, when I plug my HTPC into the network after about 30-sec. I start getting what sounds like multiple radio signals overlapping each other blasting out of my speakers on my TV. If I unplug the network cable the sound continues for about 15-sec. then it disappears. What is going on?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Network Is Messing With My Audio? Please Help
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Network Is Messing With My Audio? Please Help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Some items must accept radio interference.

The FCC has rules as to which may and may not.

- Collapse -
Try Shielding The Speakers From Interference

There are better shielded cabling on the market, (either ethernet or COAX) although it's usually more expensive.. Maybe try moving the speakers away from the computer and its cabling. Likewise, if anything on the computer is wireless, including the TV tuner and U-Verse's sending equipment, or there is a cordless telephone nearby, it will cause interference.. Move such items or shield such items so the speakers aren't close.

See the information for a similar problem with a HAM radio and ATT U-Verse:

http://www.eham.net/forums/Elmers/212660

Hope this helps.

Grif

CNET Forums

Forum Info