Samsung forum

Question

Network Connection Fails - ???- Samsung Smart TV - Smart Hub

by WednesdaySundae / May 22, 2014 4:16 AM PDT

I correctly put in the network password for wifi same as is on laptop and other devices that work - fails on Samsung Smart Tv everytime. I tried restarting the tv, restarting the router, accessing the network settings through different ways and retrying repeatedly. I can successfully access Comcast Cable Box Tv through the smart tv for regular viewing (wired in) but not the router (wifi alone). I needed to access the internet separately from the Smart Hub to get to apps to install for Amazon, Redbox etc. I don't understand how it can obviously be working and also not be working at the same time. How do I fix this? Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Network Connection Fails - ???- Samsung Smart TV - Smart Hub
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Network Connection Fails - ???- Samsung Smart TV - Smart Hub
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
"I needed to access the internet separately from the Smart"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 22, 2014 4:22 AM PDT

As far as I know, we can't do any internet access without Smart Hub. That is we get connected to the network, then set up the Smart Hub account and finally we can get to the apps and more.

Smart Hub is integral to Samsung's design so I'd like to hear more how or why you are trying to get around that.

But about the network password. There are some passwords that will fail. I don't want you to post it here but keep it alphanumeric and not that long. Also, you should share the distance to the router since these are good for half the distance you get with a laptop.
Bob

Collapse -
?? Thanks

Not trying to get around anything - only trying to find something to make the situation work - there are two buttons on the controller that let you access two separate menus that do the same kind of network options. I simply tried configuring the options on one portion then did the whole turning it on and off and on again then.. then when that didnt work I went to the other button and tried the oTher menu for network options. They do similar things they just dont look entirely the same up front.

Hm. So .. would anything boost the signal? jus curious.. i had this friend who said something about pop cans..

My password is all numbers and letters. I'm not sure why it continues to fail..maybe it should be changed and reattempted..

Thank you for your help Bob!

Collapse -
Samsung has the steps for WiFi connection.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 22, 2014 8:22 AM PDT
In reply to: ?? Thanks
Collapse -
Clarification Request
(NT) Please add the full model number when you can.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 22, 2014 4:23 AM PDT
Collapse -
Model Number : UN32EH5300F
by WednesdaySundae / May 22, 2014 8:11 AM PDT

There are different codes on the back but I think the top one is what you wanted right? Model Number : UN32EH5300F

Collapse -
I get to the error message
by WednesdaySundae / May 23, 2014 7:26 AM PDT

I get through all of the steps every time consistently. Then I get this error that says try checking the router - turning it on or off again etc. The pop up disappears and it exits all those screens shown.

Collapse -
Starting to sound like it needs repair.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 23, 2014 7:36 AM PDT

Remember the 32 inch model is carry in so if it's new enough, exchange it. I don't have any detail on the router so that may be incompatible. Rare but happens.
Bob

Collapse -
:)
by WednesdaySundae / May 23, 2014 11:22 AM PDT

Thanks again Bob,

I talked to a relative and they explained - apparently my router is combined and has a convenient broadcast button I didnt know about to connect to devices in close range- pushed this button and it just connected itself after I entered the code on the tv. Thank you for all the suggestions!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?