Question

network connection

Try to see netflix to my new tv but showing error_bind msg.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: network connection
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: network connection
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Here is the answer - it's samsung

So, I tried all of the tips online - reset my smart hub (which deleted all my apps and was not the fix - don't do this)

Loaded the newest firmware from the samsung website (released 18 Sep 2012) - I will note I probably needed to do this anyway since I have been having connection delays and maybe this will fix that problem, but did not fix the "error model bind".

After 5 hours of messing with my TV, I chatted online with the lovely SAMSUNG reps and this is the answer I got:

We are currently completing network maintainance between 25 Sep 2012 8:00pm EST and 26 Sep 2012 5:00am EST.

When I asked why the only maintenance message on the samsung website was from the olympics in july the rep states that all smart hub users were notified (I guess I am not a true smart hub user...)

My take away, don't assume it's your TV, could be the servers at samsung... recommend registering on their website so that you can receive their OUTAGE NOTICES.

If you haven't updated your firmware, to do so, you need to download the file from samsung and save it, export the files to a flash drive in a root folder named T-MST10PAUSC, turn your TV off, plug in the USB drive, turn it on, go to menu, support, software update, on USB and it will go from there... this won't fix the problem tonight though...

- Collapse -
Time Zone

What time zone are those hours in?

- Collapse -
Answer
network connection isnt working

-.- happends to me too, and tried to search on the web, on samsumg web, account web... no info about a maintenance, will be nice if they save us all the things and hours we spend trying to understand what was hapening... we tried to reset the hub, tv, connection -.-
so no netflix, no nothing till tomorrow arrrg.
This isnt serious from them (samsung service and servers) to us, your customers.

- Collapse -
Answer
it's the same thing in Switzerland!

I have try to connect to SwissTV (Something like Netflix but for Switzerland) and I got message ERROR_BIND.
It's def. something in SAMSUNG as I can see my NETWORK works GREAT.

That's 4th time that same thing happens to me in just 2 months and I'm not happy. I have UE55ES6100 smart LED 3D tv. They need to do something about that FAST or I will change my TV.

- Collapse -
Any news about the error in samsung hub?

I called samsung support and they just ask me to wait more hours, no answer, no solution.
Argg Arrrg

- Collapse -
Still not working...

Mine still is not working, they had me do all of the same stuff they made me do yesterday, then had me do a hard reset on my TV to "isolate" the problem and then, when I had the same "model_error_bind" error, they asked me to take a screen shot (I assume they mean picture) of the error and e-mail it to them and someone in "that department" will contact me by e-mail in 2 business days...

I feel so supported right now with my "Smart" TV... Did anyone else's TV come back up at 5am this morning?

CNET Forums