Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

network cable is unplugged

by starikov / November 1, 2005 2:03 AM PST

I have Hawking HWR54G router that displayes message "network cable is unplugged". I though that problem appeared because of my modem because router is relativeley new, however problem with router and not with modem. Is there something i should do in setting to fix that or something else. So far i update my firmware and router was working good but only for one day. Problem is back what should i do ?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: network cable is unplugged
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: network cable is unplugged
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just noting.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 1, 2005 2:09 AM PST

I looked at the Hawking and can't see where it could display such a message. Are you sure you didn't mean that this message is on the PC?

I ask because there is so little information about a PC in your post. In fact, no PC is mentioned.

Bob

Collapse -
network cable unplugged
by starikov / November 1, 2005 2:16 AM PST
In reply to: Just noting.

I have Pentium 4 from Dell pc is only 2 years old and i never had that problem or error on my pc before. Error occured right after i hooked my router.

Collapse -
In that case, have you ???
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 1, 2005 2:23 AM PST

This topic has over a dozen discussions in these forums and hundreds more on google.com

Have you used those resources yet?

What have you done to fix the issue?

Does the network work in spite of the message?
(you didn't tell)

Bob

Collapse -
3 posts?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 1, 2005 2:25 AM PST

Sorry, but which one should we use?

Bob

Collapse -
network cable is unplugged
by starikov / November 1, 2005 2:58 AM PST
In reply to: 3 posts?

so far in order to fix problem i upgraded firmware and reset router to factory standrads. What i found interesting is that computer with router have error that i posted above and another computer with adapter that shares interenet got absoluteley no problems and have acess to internet.Computer with router when i went to internet displayed message to work offline or to connect and i pressed connect it start working but i know for a fact that this is not normal. Computer with cable internet should not required to press connect and before installation of the router i had no problem with network cble being unplugged. What should i do guys ?

Collapse -
For instance.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 1, 2005 3:17 AM PST
Collapse -
problem fixed
by starikov / November 1, 2005 8:20 AM PST

my routers 1st lan port doent work so i hooked to 2nd one and no error messages displayed

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?