Computer Help forum

General discussion

Network Adapter Driver??

by kliq / February 28, 2007 4:10 PM PST

I just performed a low-level format using PowerMax software. I then installed Windsows XP Pro. Now I cannot find a network connection. I checked Device Manager and I could not find anything there for Network Adapters. LucklyI wrote down what it used before and it was a "NVIDTA nForce Networking Controller".
Where can I download this?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Network Adapter Driver??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Network Adapter Driver??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
correction
by kliq / February 28, 2007 4:15 PM PST

Im sorry, that should have said NVIDIA

Collapse -
What's your computer model?
by linkit / February 28, 2007 4:54 PM PST

Check the computer maker's website for downloads for your particular model. If a home built computer, check the motherboard maker's website.

Since this is a fresh installation of XP, make sure you install the latest versions of ALL other drivers, including the motherboard/chipset drivers.

Collapse -
by kliq / March 1, 2007 2:22 PM PST

Where would I begin to look for those?

The E-machine website??

Collapse -
Why so reluctant to reveal the computer model?
by linkit / March 1, 2007 2:30 PM PST
In reply to: reply

Since you never told us the computer manufacturer name and the exact model number, we have no idea where to tell you to look.

If you are saying that the manufacturer name of your computer is E-machines, then that is where you need to go to download the drivers. We could help you more if you gave us more information.

Collapse -
Since you FINALLY indicated you have an e-machine...
by Edward ODaniel / March 2, 2007 12:04 AM PST
In reply to: reply

follow this link:
http://www.e4me.com/support/product_support.html

You will have to provide them the info you don't seem too willing to offer us but by doing so you can obtain the drivers you NEED in order to get any use out of some of your computer's "features".

There is a reason that EVERY post in these forums has the following in red text immediately above the subject title you enter:

Note: If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

If you are not seeing that please let us know and we will be able to offer suggestions on browser repair or configuration.

Collapse -
sorry
by kliq / March 2, 2007 7:24 AM PST

Sorry, I didn't post the model because I just didn't think to do so.

The computer is an E-machine T3308.

Do I need to reinstall the BIOS drivers? That shouldn't change from a low level format...should it?

Collapse -
correction
by kliq / March 2, 2007 7:28 AM PST
In reply to: sorry

I should be more specific, by BIOS drivers I mean the following.

"BIOS Flash Utility for K8MC51G Motherboard"

I downloaded the Video drivers which is making a difference already but I don't know how to find the chipset/motherboard drivers (unless this is what I posted above) or the network adapter drivers.

Collapse -
I have no e-machi8nes so I don't KNOW...
by Edward ODaniel / March 3, 2007 3:07 AM PST
In reply to: correction

just what drivers you need, but you need all that are available for YOUR machine.

That page I linked you to has a "Chat with a tech" button on it as well as an email link for support so you can direct your specific questions to the persons MOST CAPABLE of telling you just what you need.

It would appear that specific drivers for your NIC are not offered on the download page (although the specs sheet indicates they have a replacement part number for the NIC which is NTGW100372XP) but your system used to have something called "Big Fix" installed http://www.bigfix.com/

If you are sure that you remember correctly about the NIC being an "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller" AND the e-machines tech support can't point you to their drivers you might try here:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22NVIDiA+nForce+Networking+Controller%22

Collapse -
Thank You
by kliq / March 5, 2007 3:47 AM PST

I works!!

I chated with the tech person and they gave me the link for the 3 drivers I needed.

- Chipset/Motherboard Driver
- Video Driver
- Audio Driver

Collapse -
Glad to hear that YOU fixed your problem, ...
by Edward ODaniel / March 5, 2007 8:21 AM PST
In reply to: Thank You

all we do is offer guidance.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?