Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

NETW206 assignment help PLEASE

by iannet60 / May 5, 2012 7:10 AM PDT

My campus has decided to enhance security by installing high-definition IP cameras throughout its campus network. After evaluating different products, the Cisco 4300 Video Surveillance camera was chosen as the standard.
We recognizes that the additional camera traffic, along with its management, will require a major upgrade to the network infrastructure. I am asked to design a network switching infrastructure infrastructure that fully supports both the existing data traffic and the additional camera traffic according to the following requirements.

Your network design should address each of the following requirements:
1. Must comply with the Cisco hierarchical design model;
2. Must provide physical, as well as logical, redundancy;
3. Must integrate 1Gb uplinks;
4. Must segment camera IP traffic from the existing network for security reasons;
5. Must support a minimum of 150 cameras;
6. Must utilize PoE for cameras to avoid the use of power bricks or power injectors;
7. Must provide sufficient bandwidth for full HD support; and
8. Must minimize rack space.
UGH...I am so confused and dont even know where to begin! Any help would be appreciated!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: NETW206 assignment help PLEASE
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: NETW206 assignment help PLEASE
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
homework
by bill012 / May 5, 2012 8:36 AM PDT

If this was real you would pay someone who knows how to install this. You are talking about over $100,000 in just cameras. More than likely the cisco partner selling you this stuff would design it for free...since they can sell you even more expensive things like the controller than can actually run 150 cameras.

For a school assignment how would you not know where to start. They are not going to throw this to you as a first problem in a class. I would assume they taught you all about power budgets and poe, bandwidth requirements based on codecs, as well as the basic stuff on QoS and spanning tree.

The purpose of the assignment is learn, you might as well be a project manager if you are just going to get someone else to do the work.

By the way the real answer is the requirements are invalid the 4300 is a end of life product and cannot be purchased...do you even know how to find the recommended replacement.

Collapse -
actually
by iannet60 / May 5, 2012 10:17 AM PDT
In reply to: homework

actually yes they did throw this at us...it was our first assignment for week one. I had a lot going on this week and was just looking for a few suggestions as to where I should start.....if you didn't want to help then why respond????

Collapse -
This should be the nice replies.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 5, 2012 10:22 AM PDT
In reply to: actually

If you post around asking for homework help, I've read some of the worst replies ever.

We know this this is your homework so for others to help means you didn't do the work!
Bob

Collapse -
I agree.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 5, 2012 8:41 AM PDT

Cisco provides this service and design along with the sale. It's odd to pick an unit that is not offered any longer.
Bob

Collapse -
Help
by Gallardo1599 / March 5, 2014 8:49 PM PST

I have the same assignment now from Devry and I was just wondering if you have completed it to just tell me how you set it up. In what program did you do the work? I'm not asking for your work I want to learn this but there seems to be a lack of examples for this assignment. I just don't know how it needs to look and be presented. If you could help me even a little bit I would appreciate it a lot.

Collapse -
If an assignment has you stuck.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 5, 2014 10:39 PM PST
In reply to: Help

Get back to the professor and ask for an assist.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.