General discussion

Netframework update

I have a Netbook what has XP sp2 installed. Don't use it just once in a while. There was an update from Microsoft and now my Netbook will not hibernate.
It tells me to shut.... netframework v1.1.4322.... down. Not sure what update it is but there are 2 on 10/10.

Thank you,
Nanah

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Netframework update
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Netframework update
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: can't hibernate

You're not the only one: http://thedailyreviewer.com/xphelp/view/net-framework-v114322-cannot-hibernate-1011809122 is the same complaint from someone else.

Unless you really need these update (that would be a problem) I'd just uninstall them from the $NTUninstall folder in your Windows account and check if hibernate works again. Then use Internet Explorer and do Tools>Windowsupdate and tell them to skip these updates in the future. If you forget this last step, they'll come back automatically!

It might be this problem solved in SP3. Why didn't you yet update? Both my netbook and 2 PC's run quite well with it. So the first thing after the 2 above would be to download and install SP3 and then these 2 updates again to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for the warning anyway. I use hibernate on both my netbook and on this desktop, so I'll pay some attention to these updates. Do you now the KB-numbers?

Kees

Kees

- Collapse -
Netframework update

The reason why I did not update to IE8 and SP3 because I had an ACER Netbook after the update I was not able to connect to the Internet. This Netbook is an HP XP IE7. Maybe I need to give it a try and update it.
The KB-number is KB2418241.
Somebody told me to disable Norton and then restart the PC, and see what happens. I'm still waiting for it to Hibernate. Will get back in touch with you and see what happens.

Thanks Kees for the fast reply,

- Collapse -
My Acer Aspire One Netbook is

Fully up to date. All updates EXCEPT any driver from Microsoft.

Go figure.
bob

- Collapse -
Netframe update

So far so good. It seemed to work. Did not get the message again about the Netframework update. when I have more time I will Download IE 8 and sp3 bet it will take 30 or more minutes on this netbook. Will let you know how it went.
All of my Desktops and the Netbook are updated. Years ago I learned from this boards a lot, and still do . There is always something new what never happened before. Have to be honest this is the first time I had a problem with an update from MS.

Who knows Bob what was in stalled on the Acer, but when I called them the told me lots of peoples had the same problem. Guess you where lucky and I wasn't.

- Collapse -
update Kees

Did install IE8 on the netbook today, and it works great. It seems to me that it runs faster.
Thanks,
XP IE8 sp3
Nanah

CNET Forums

Forum Info