Question

Netflix app not loading on Samsung Smart TV

I was able to watch Netflix on my Samsung Smart TV until about a few days ago.

Now, when selecting the Netflix app from SmartHub, my screen goes blank and nothing ever happens. It is as if the app is not being loaded.

All other apps in SmartHub work just fine (including HuluPlus, Amazon, Pandora, etc.).

And I can use Netflix on my iPhone so I know it is not the wireless network.

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: Netflix app not loading on Samsung Smart TV
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Netflix app not loading on Samsung Smart TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I got it to work again!

Hey everyone so I just had this problem and after about 2 hours I got netflix to work again. I simply unplugged it for 10 seconds while the tv was on and the plugged it back in. Netflix is now working as good as before. Hope this helps.

- Collapse -
Answer
Easy...

Open smart hub... Highlight Netflix - only highlight - do not select. While it's highlighted press tools. Select reinstall from the menu. Done. You may need to restart smart hub after the reinstall is done.

- Collapse -
Answer
Help with resetting Netflix

Read through all answers.
On my UN65JS8500, I could not select Netflix and restart it because it is part of the Basic apps.
Nothing worked until I reset my Smart Hub. Here's how:
http://www.samsung.com/ie/support/skp/faq/1057786

Hope it helps others.

- Collapse -
Answer
If all else fails, check content filtering

I recently had the same issue with my Netflix app on my samsung 65" smart TV. After trying everything I could think of and a couple of hours with Samsung support, I turned off my content filtering for the house and the app began to work. I'm using Sophos UTM and after I realized it, I whitelisted netflix and am all better now. So not sure if any of you are using content filtering on your router but you may want to give that a look see.
Details on what I did can be found here if interested.

- Collapse -
Answer
For anyone having the same issue, here was my quick fix

After chatting with support, doing the following fixed my issue.
- Updated TV
- Reinstalled Netflix App

You can reinstall Netflix App by Highlighting App, hitting tools, and then reinstall.

- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) FIX FOR SAMSUNG IN CANADA
- Collapse -
Answer
My fix

I have a samsung un55ku6500 (2016)

My netflix had issues loading and then just went black

I signed into my netflix account and signed off all devices.

Next i went into my setup options and reset the smarthub. (Used 0000 as my tv's code)

After the doing the setup process all over again. Netflix booted up and its good for now. Hope this helps someone.

- Collapse -
Answer
2016 Samsung 55" UHD

Netflix would show up but stick on the profile icon page with a single icon. Tried the up up down down left right left right up up up up process to get to the profile page, but couldn't select any of the element including log out. Then tried the process shown below, but there are no tools to select when hovering.

Decided to try accessing NF and creating a second profile. While it took overnight for the provide change to migrate to the tv, it did and because there are now 2 profile icons, I can select and get past the screen.

Good luck.

- Collapse -
Answer
Unplug it, that worked for me.

I just unplugged my tv and then plugged it back in and my Samsung Neflix log in problem is gone.

- Collapse -
Answer
work around

For me, it seems as if the NF app gets lost when trying to re-load. Thus, stuck at the 'whose watching' or blank screen waiting........ If this is more your problem, try the following.
Unplug the tv for a short time or maybe a minute. [yes seems a bit over the top, but ultimately...]
Now, you should be able to load NF and will need to log into NF. You should now have control of NF for the session. The problem occurs when you leave to watch tv after which you're unlikely to get NF again.

If you, instead, 'exit' NF from the NF menu, you will be brought back to the tv menu to select your cable or other stream. The difference, is you will be able to access NF again. After forgetting to 'exit' from NF, I found myself again stuck until unplugging the tv. My memory is getting better.

- Collapse -
Answer
SmartHub reset

To fix the Netflix issue all you have to do is go to your SmartHub settings and reset it. You will have to resign in to the SmartHub account through the tv. That is how I fixed my problem.

- Collapse -
Answer
Unplug and plug your TV from power source

Hi,
after ages of frustration and trying what others have suggested I finally:

unplugged my tv from the power source, plugged it back in which caused my tv to reboot and wallah ~ Netflix came back and it is working like a charm. - this was working for me as well.

Good Luck with it

- Collapse -
Answer
Easy solution

Hi people,
If you have got the same problem of Netflix app not loading on Samsung Smart TV... simply reset the TV to Factory default setting from:
Settings>support>self diagnosis>reset

In 5 min the problem is solved
Thanks
Elham

- Collapse -
Do the defaults first.

I had the same problem twice now. (YouTube and other net programs worked, just a black screen Netflix). This time I tried the "re-install" to no avail.

The thing that worked was an all for one.

I unplugged the TV, went upstairs and turned off the base router, turned off the main ($$) router and waited a few minutes.

I then turned on the base and six for full connection. I then turned on the secondary router and waited for the same. I tested the connection on my phone to make sure I could get online.

I went downstairs and plugged the TV in and turned it on. I waited for connection and started up Netflix. It worked and my eldest son got up at 6am this morning and watched hours of cartoons in his Pj's.

GL to all stuck with the same!

- Collapse -
Answer
30 Second Fix - If That. (NO TOOLS BUTTON)

*Black screen trying to load Netflix*

Press either the Home/Source Button->Quick Settings->System Settings->Expert Settings->Autorun Last App = OFF. Turn TV off and on and you should be good to go! Worked for me, hope it helps!

Samsung Smart TV 5 Series 49"
Samsung BN59-01247A Remote

- Collapse -
Answer
Netflix app not loading on Samsung Smart TV

Had a heavy rainstorm, electricity went off a couple of times. tried getting on netflix and i could not watch my show, it would load up to 25% and do nothing else. So later on i tried again, i click on netflix, absolutely nothing would happen. What worked for me: I deleted shortcut of netflix on hub, then i went to apps/my apps/ clicked on netflix and it opened again. Thank goodness it worked!

- Collapse -
Answer
Fixed Nefflix problem

We unplugged our Samsung tv + Netflix was back up working within a couple minutes.

- Collapse -
Answer
Fixed my loading problem 10/6/2017

I just had a Netflix loading problem on my Samsung. The first major thing I tried was resetting my SmartHub and it worked. Netflix is working again. I hope it lasts and if it gets stuck again that this fix will work again.

- Collapse -
Answer
unable to work om smart tv

I have netflix working on samsung phone but unable to work on smart tv

- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) Model code: UA40ES6200MXRD.
- Collapse -
Don't bury your new question.
- Collapse -
Answer

I unplugged tv. So far its working but have not closed Netflix app. I will update when I do.

CNET Forums

Forum Info