Question

Netflix app not loading on Samsung Smart TV

I was able to watch Netflix on my Samsung Smart TV until about a few days ago.

Now, when selecting the Netflix app from SmartHub, my screen goes blank and nothing ever happens. It is as if the app is not being loaded.

All other apps in SmartHub work just fine (including HuluPlus, Amazon, Pandora, etc.).

And I can use Netflix on my iPhone so I know it is not the wireless network.

Discussion is locked

Answer
Follow
Reply to: Netflix app not loading on Samsung Smart TV
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Netflix app not loading on Samsung Smart TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Thank you so much !

Hitting 'tools' and 'reset' after highlighting Netflix WORKED! Such a fast and simple resolution.....was getting quite frustrated reading about all the super long calls to tech supports then saw your post: YAY!

- Collapse -
This worked!

Thank you so much!

- Collapse -
Fixed!

That was the answer! I followed you're instructions and Netflix is working.

Thanks!

- Collapse -
Where are "tools"

I'm going to try your instructions, but having difficulty finding "tools" when the Netflix ap is highlighted. What am I missing?

- Collapse -
This thread is now years old

And Samsung or Netflix may have moved menus around.

Call 1800SAMSUNG in the USA to ask about this as well as your other app issues.
For outside the USA, start at Samsung.com

- Collapse -
Thank You!!

Works perfectly after reinstalling!!!!

- Collapse -
Netflix blues

I am also trying to get my Netflix to work. When I hover over my app it doesn't give me any options when I hit tools. I have been on the phone for over 2 hours and they say I can't delete and reinstall app because it was preinstalled on my tv. Do you happen to have any more advice???

- Collapse -
You are awesome

You saved me hours! Worked like a charm. Thanks!!!

- Collapse -
Netflix black screen

Can someone please help me on how to resolve this black screen in Netflix.. i tried turnings off the tv, reconnecting to our wifi but still it doesnt work.. i saw a post saying about reinstalling the Netflix and now the problem is i couldnt find the "TOOLS" in my remote.. please help. Thanks! ..

- Collapse -
Re: reinstall Netflix

Things you forgot to tell:
- what TV you have
- what remote you have
- what post you saw where
- if the post you saw was meant for that particular combination of TV and remote
- what the user manual of your TV or the FAQ on www.samsung.com says about reinstalling apps
- what 1800SAMSUNG said about the issue when you called them

With this lack of information I'm afraid it's impossible to help.

- Collapse -
SOLVED

GUARANTEED FIX

folks, this is simple and it works:

I have a 55" 8 series... and I couldn't get the tools menu to come up on the Netflix app in SmartHub so I did the following which resolved this extremely annoying issue:

1. Find the power button on your TV... DO NOT USE YOUR REMOTE.

2. with the power on, unplug your tv (I did this from the female part going into the tv, not into the wall)

3. Immediately press the TV power button (again, DO NOT USE YOUR REMOTE)

4. LEAVE THIS UNPLUGGED FOR 2 MINUTES (when you hit the power button, you will hear a couple of internal clicks.

5. Plug the power back in, the smartHub logo will flash on the set and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.

- Collapse -
100% worked 1st try! Thanks.

Had to find the TV power button first which is on back of TV bottom right...feels like a weird toggle button.

- Collapse -
This actually works but here is the catch

Thanx for this work around. Almost two years now and this works like a charm.
However, when you finish with the last part and plug the power cable back in, what i did extra for netflix to work is going back in to the smart hub, reinstalled the app, get back to the app discription page, loaded the app from there.
It took another two minutes with nothing happening, then i exited the app page, and here it was , working again.

For those asking about how to find reinstall on the samsung hub, if you have a JS9000 then long press the enter button on the remote while it is on the app. You will find reinstall as on of the popped up options.

Thx and best of luck.

- Collapse -
I couldnt find tools..

Can you please assist me in finding tools.. thanks

- Collapse -
Steps work!

Thank you for posting! Fixed my issue. Samsung Smart Hub had an update, and since, Netflix would not open. Just a black screen. Did what you posted, and it's working again! Thank you for saving me the headache of calling Netflix/Samsung Happy

- Collapse -
Thank you
Thank you, even though your post is almost a year old, it still worked!! Now if only I can get my Samsung 6100 to re-recognize my network I will be happy. I have recently hardwired it just to get the Smart Hub to work.
- Collapse -
No "Reinstall" option shown.

I hit Smarthub. Then highlight the Netflix app and hit "Tools", right? The only thing on the screen at that point is a small menu horizontally across the top of the screen that says "picture size" "picture mode" "network settings" "caption"" speaker" "sleep timer" " MTS" and "e manual". What am I missing?

- Collapse -
This old thread.

While the many ways to reinstall Netflix appear to be here, not once have I found a Reinstall option on any smart TV. These TVs are quite dumb and we have to try the other ways as noted by all others here.

For Samsung it varies but I like the region change method along with a factory reset.

- Collapse -
Fix

Hold down the power button on the back of your tv and unplug it for one minute while holding it down. Will hard reset your netflix app and fix the problem.

I posted a more indepth version of this fix somewhere in this thread, but these post are horribly administered.

- Collapse -
Thanks for the fix.

If you care to share your fix I could open the thread in the CNET Networking forum about working Netflix issues.

Sorry you feel this way about the admins and moderators. It's all volunteer and we do follow a code here. Sometimes folk get upset over that.

- Collapse -
Share away

I appreciate its all volunteer... but I've posted this fix a few times now and when I sign in to try and find it, it's virtually impossible.

Not meaning to be mean or rude, just ends up being alot more posts than need to be here... which means more work for you guys too!

When it loads, it doesn't load by latest post.

S

- Collapse -
I've opened this link so you can share your fix.
- Collapse -
Thank you!

Your post was very helpful, and saved our day! Now I know how to reinstall corrupt apps on my Samsung easily!

Thank you!

- Collapse -
That worked

Hitting tools and reinstalling worked for me. Thank you

- Collapse -
Many people seem to have used this effectively...

....but where is "TOOLS"? The only thing on my remote it: Power, microphone, 123, extra, the ring, backward arrow, Home, Fast forward, volume and channel. How do you get to TOOLS?
Thank you!
Maija

- Collapse -
Thank you!!! This worked perfectly!!!

Tried everything else and nothing worked but your steps above. Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

- Collapse -
This is the fix

Thank you it worked.!! Took all of 20 seconds

- Collapse -
Clarification Request
(NT) no netflix
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
FIX FOR NETFLIX NOT WORKING!

GUARANTEED FIX

folks, this is simple and it works:

I have a 55" 8 series... and I couldn't get the tools menu to come up on the Netflix app in SmartHub so I did the following which resolved this extremely annoying issue:

1. Find the power button on your TV... DO NOT USE YOUR REMOTE.

2. with the power on, unplug your tv (I did this from the female part going into the tv, not into the wall)

3. Immediately press the TV power button (again, DO NOT USE YOUR REMOTE)

4. LEAVE THIS UNPLUGGED FOR 2 MINUTES (when you hit the power button, you will hear a couple of internal clicks.

5. Plug the power back in, the smartHub logo will flash on the set and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps.

- Collapse -
Thank you!

Thank you! Your post was very helpful and now I know how to reinstall corrupt apps on my Samsung easily!

CNET Forums

Forum Info