HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

Netflix and 2550

by rhb--2008 / July 21, 2009 12:15 AM PDT

My Netflix streaming worked well when I first purchased my 2550 to use with my 52A850. PQ was excellent. A couple months back the firmware updated automatically. Since then, the system will sometimes fail in the initial launch of a Netflix stream. Usually, but not always, only the video will fail. Sound comes through OK. Sometimes both are missing. I have to stop the program but can't get back to a menu until I initiate a restart of the 2550. Easiest way to do that is press the eject button and close the tray. Once I do that I can get to a menu (after the disc starts up).

Sometimes the Netflix wil stream properly, sometimes I have to go thru this again - as many as three or four times. Frustrating! Once a good stream is established, I can stop and restart or go to another program OK. Is there a firmware upgrade coming soon? If not, any way to go back?

Bob

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Netflix and 2550
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Netflix and 2550
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Netflix and 2550
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 22, 2009 4:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Netflix and 2550

rhb--2008,

Well, there are two options. You can send the unit in for service, but since it is likely past 90 days, there's probably a charge for the service.

Since I don't know when new firmwares will be available until they actually arrive, I may be able to link you to a previous version of the firmware if you can tell me what version you have on the player now. Saying ahead of time, it may take a week or so for me to get and post it, but I think we can do that.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Netflix and 2550
by rhb--2008 / July 22, 2009 5:49 AM PDT

Thanks, yes I bought it in Feb. S/W is 090419.01_111208B0_1254.08_XAA

What I updated to was 2.4. It says the latest firmware is installed.

Appreciate anything you can do.

Bob

Collapse -
Netflix and 2550
by bdefrin / July 22, 2009 7:29 AM PDT

You might wonder why a reputable company like Samsung (and LG for that matter) only offer a 90 day labor warranty. Says something about the unit, maybe?

Bob D.

Collapse -
Netflix and 2550
by rhb--2008 / July 22, 2009 10:23 AM PDT

Frankly, I don't think there is anything wrong with the hardware. There is very likely a firmware bug related to network timing or something like that. The previous firmware was not a problem.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.