Samsung forum

Resolved Question

Netflix 4.0.3 vs. 4.0.6

I am so very frustrated with trying to get Netflix to work on my Samsung Blu Ray Player. I have been bounced between my wireless provider, Netflix, and Samsung. Nobody seems to be able to help me. Today Samsung helped me get the current update but after the update was done still could not get Netflix to stream in an entire movie I was always restarting it. I have a Samsung Blu Ray Player model BD_f5900, last time I spoke to Netflix they said the app is provided by Samsung so I a hoping somebody can help me. Also it is showing 4.0.3 which Netflix says that is my problem.

gmatloff has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Netflix 4.0.3 vs. 4.0.6
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Netflix 4.0.3 vs. 4.0.6
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by gmatloff

Collapse -
re: Netflix

In reply to: Netflix 4.0.3 vs. 4.0.6

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration with this! From the description of the symptoms you're experiencing it sounds like the television is not receiving a good signal. For the TV, it has a maximum range of 50 feet, but we recommend that the range be 25 feet or less with a clear line of sight to get the best signal without bandwidth loss. If you are not getting the proper signal or speed into the television you can experience app crashes, freezing of apps, and buffering.

As long as your firmware is up to date, you can try resetting the smart hub as well. If it continues to do the same thing at that point the explanation would be the network.

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=422843&modelname=BD-F5900&modelcode=BD-F5900/ZA

-- HD Tech

Collapse -
Thank You

In reply to: re: Netflix

Well after your reply I moved my wireless modem and yep sure enough no more problems....i can't thank you enough.....thank you.

Collapse -
Answer
Watch those words.

"provided" does not mean Samsung writes the Netflix app. Until 2014 (the last time I talked with my Samsung contacts) the app is written by Netflix, given to Samsung to be provided by Samsung's firmware update system. So if there is an update required it's up to Netflix then Samsung to get it out.

WiFi on devices are best at the shorter distances such as noted. 25 feet, line of sight, wired preferred.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Down Loading 4,06 4,10 Netflix

I have a Samsung E-5900/ZS same problem no connection with Netflix, after 2 hours of chats with samsung and Netflix and certifiyng my Internet speed connection (32,58 Mbps) wireless and cable, conclusion from Netflix was: your app Netflix must be updated by Samsung on version 4.06 or superior, same problem in one Smart Samsung Serie 7
Someone know how to donwload Netfix 4.06 or 4.10 for Blue Ray E-5900/ZS and Samsung Smart TV serie7?
Miguel

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.