General discussion

Netbook speakers are getting horrible feedback!

Hello,

I am in a class that uses video chat and over the past few weeks my computer speakers have been getting horrible, high pitched feedback. During my first chat, my classmates couldn't hear me, and it turns out my microphone had been disabled and I didn't know it. I enabled my mic and now my classmates can only sort of hear me. It cuts in and out and now my speakers have horrible feedback. Help!

My computer is a Toshiba NB 255.

Thanks!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Netbook speakers are getting horrible feedback!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Netbook speakers are getting horrible feedback!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) Quick fix. Use headphones.
- Collapse -
Volume?

Try lowering the volume of your microphone or speakers .. or try headset as R.Proffitt suggested.

- Collapse -
Netbook speakers do not work properly

Update:

My speakers used to work perfectly fine. Now they have horrible feedback. Since it's a netbook the speakers are not very loud, so the volume has to be up above 50% for me to hear it properly. Also, there are times I want to listen to audio on my computer without using headphones, for example, when I am cooking and walking around the kitchen. The answers I have received so far to this question seem pretty absurd to me. I see people complaining about this problem all over the Internet {because I actually try to find solutions to my problems before I post questions like this} and am really surprised that I couldn't find any good, clear solutions posted anywhere.

So I want my speakers to work like they used to... without headphones... at a normal volume.

Any suggestions?

- Collapse -
Screeching feedback

Suggestion: Turn off (disable) your microphone (you enabled it earlier per your original post).

What happens?

Reason this happens is, if it is the active microphone, is because the microphone and speakers are too close together.

Classic sign of this is a public address system that is set too loud or the microphone is too close to the public address system speakers. Hearing aid users suffer from this too.

CNET Forums