Laptops forum

Question

Netbook Image Deployment

by TonySevens / October 10, 2011 11:26 PM PDT

Good Morning,
Currently working on two flavours of the Toshiba NB525 and everytime I feel like I'm getting somewhere a wall pops up and smacks me flat on the ***.
See, my current contract holder has decided (against all supported arguement) that netbooks are the future and wishes to replace desktops with them. In the next few months I am expected to have upwards of 400 of these little ******** rolled out.
That being said, doing each one manually would be a pain in the rear and I've been working with our ZENWorks manager to get our imaging server compatible. Well images can be made but there are still massive issues with imaging as these netbooks just dont seem to want to work the way I tell em to.

Anyways question is.. Is anyone else doing netbooks through an imaging server? If so what OS are you using? (We're trying to use windows7) What hints or tips can you give out?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Netbook Image Deployment
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Netbook Image Deployment
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I'm a litle taken aback here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 11, 2011 12:33 AM PDT

Microsoft has courses and seminars on this. Is the IT staff unwilling or unable to take the courses on this?
Bob

Collapse -
Microsoft Course
by TonySevens / October 11, 2011 4:20 AM PDT

I only hold the contract to work in the shop, the in-house technicians are reluctant to use Microsoft anything(except as standard OS') and while they have access to microsoft training, I do not and since I am on contract I will not be given any.

To be honest, I feel like I've been placed in a box of bricks, because I am constantly relying on others work to further this effort and it is not a high priority to others but it is a major portion of my workload. I would love to take any courses offered but have neither the time (as this contract is paid hourly) or the money(as it would be out of personal pocket)

So here i am, looking for any assistance.

Thanks

Collapse -
Some of the courses are free.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 12, 2011 2:06 PM PDT
In reply to: Microsoft Course

Over the years I've taken time to go to quite a few. Fast forward to today. Once in awhile you find folk that think what you asked about can be written in one or two pages. Or in this forum in less than a few paragraphs. Sadly it's not that simple. If it was, there would be no need for the courses, books, seminars and investing our time learning our trade.

If you must do this at zero cost, be sure to use google but add this -> MSDN. A lot of the course content is on MSDN.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?