General discussion

netbook for travelling

hi there,

i'm having some problems deciding what netbook i should buy .. basicly I just need a netbook that can entertain me during long flights : watching movies (avi files) and min. 8 hours of battery life... and ofcourse the basics (surfing, mailing, etc)

I've been looking at the Asus eee PC1005PE, Acer aspire one 532h (6 cell version) or the Samsung n210..

What would be the best choice? Or do you recommend another type?

Budget +- 300 euro's or about 450 dollars

thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: netbook for travelling
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: netbook for travelling
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
To hit 8 hours.

Be sure to read reviews that state they got that much. For example my 6 hours only lasts 4 hours during the real use. We run demos and those seem to drain the battery faster. So you'll want a good review or a 12 hour maker's claim.
Bob

- Collapse -
netbook suggestions

Hi,

Another laptop you might want to take a look at is the Gateway LT2104u. It boasts 8 hours battery life, a 10.1" LED-backlit display, and the Intel Atom processor. You can view the full specs here: http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-details.aspx?pcid=4f2a7cc9-a920-df11-b9f9-02bf9d3bf32a.

The Asus is also a power-efficient netbook, so the battery should last you a long time on that one as well. Check out the other specs for the Asus here: http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-details.aspx?pcid=fcab3741-4fac-de11-89ea-02bf9d3bf32a.

I hope this advice was helpful!

Isabella
MSFT Windows Outreach Team

CNET Forums

Forum Info