General discussion

.Net Framework . . .

I know why I have it, and specifically, I have ver. 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Is there any program or scanner, or utility that will tell me what programs I have installed that need what version I'm running? I doubt very seriously I need all versions.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: .Net Framework . . .
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: .Net Framework . . .
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
No utility to do that that I am aware of BUT ...

as far as uninstalling any I would be VERY CAREFUL because:

version 1.1? Yes, UNLESS you happen to have applications written by early adopters of
.NET that still require .NET 1.1

Other versions? NO, at least not the 2.0 bits. 3.x builds on top of 2.0 etc.

- Collapse -
This link might also help you Wayne ...
Benefits of the Microsoft .NET Framework

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829019

You may have several versions of the .NET Framework installed on your computer. Each version of the .NET Framework can co-exist with the other versions on the computer.

Note Most of the time, you can use the latest version of the .NET Framework to run applications that were created by using earlier versions of the .NET Framework. The .NET Framework 4 does not automatically roll forward older applications. Older applications require the Framework they target to be installed unless the developer provides a configuration file to redirect the application to run on .NET Framework 4.

CNET Forums

Forum Info