Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

.NET Framework 3.5

by 7sorok / January 28, 2009 6:39 PM PST

What is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and do I have to update it?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: .NET Framework 3.5
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: .NET Framework 3.5
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: .NET framework
by Kees Bakker / January 28, 2009 6:57 PM PST
In reply to: .NET Framework 3.5

If you have it, better update it.

It's something to need to run programs written in that language. It doesn't come with Windows, as far as I know, so somehow you must have installed it. I was surprised myself to see the update, frankly speaking, but I didn't distrust it, and it didn't give errors.

Kees

Collapse -
Some programs . . .
by Coryphaeus / January 29, 2009 4:56 AM PST
In reply to: Re: .NET framework

such as my three IBM machines IBM updates depend on .net to work. That's the only reason I use it. If you have no dependencies, uninstall it.

How do you know if you have any dependencies? Don't know. Maybe you'll get an error message or such.

Collapse -
Re: .NET framework
by 7sorok / January 29, 2009 9:04 AM PST

Hi Kees,

How do I know, if I have it. I do know that I have XP

Thanks

Collapse -
Re: .Net
by Kees Bakker / January 29, 2009 5:35 PM PST

In Control Panel, Add/Remove, you'll see what versions you've got.

With me, I see Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1, 2.0, 3.0. But I don't have 3.5, and as long as I don't need it, I won't download it from http://www.microsoft.com/Net/Download.aspx

Kees

Collapse -
Re: .Net
by 7sorok / February 1, 2009 6:10 AM PST
In reply to: Re: .Net

Ok, Kees, I have removed everything but 1.1 and every thing works fine so far. It probably means that I didn't nees all that stuff, plus, I freed about 350mb. Still, can't figure out how I got them in the first place and even more interesting on the same day.

Thanks a lot.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!