Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

.NET Framework 1.1 ACCESS IS DENIED upon Installation

by blindxsecrets / January 23, 2008 2:32 PM PST

I cannot install .NET Framework 1.1 (which I need for several programs). I've tried for weeks to find a fix, but can't. It says ACCESS IS DENIED, PLEASE VERIFY THAT YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THAT DIRECTORY.

error 1304 error writing to file c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\1033\vsavb7rtui.dll verify that you have access to that directory.

I am running on admin, and I have Windows XP Home Edition.

I've also tried to install .NET 2.0, but also got an error. Any ideas on how to fix this?

HELP!!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: .NET Framework 1.1 ACCESS IS DENIED upon Installation
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: .NET Framework 1.1 ACCESS IS DENIED upon Installation
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This might work (assistance needed here)
by Dango517 / January 23, 2008 9:27 PM PST
Collapse -
Hmm..
by blindxsecrets / January 24, 2008 4:45 AM PST

I downloaded FileMon, tried to install it but got an error: Your account does not have the DeBug Programs privilege, which is required to run FileMon.

So I googled it, found a thread saying this: So in order to permit the user the "debug programs" privilege you need to download a command line utility called ntrights.exe, which is part of the 2003 resource kit tools.

So I found the resource kit on Microsoft, downloaded it, installed it and FileMon still won't open. Same message. Did I miss a step?

Collapse -
Tried to run ntrights.exe...didn't work
by blindxsecrets / January 24, 2008 4:49 AM PST
In reply to: Hmm..

I also tried run: C:/Program Files/Windows Resource Kits/Tools/ntrights.exe - and all that did was open a black window that disappeared before I even had a chance to see it. Lol. The same thing happened when I went directly to the file and double clicked it.

Collapse -
Aha!
by blindxsecrets / January 24, 2008 5:21 AM PST

Never mind that, figured out how to get it to open. I've never had a program like this before, so I'll have to figure it out.

Thanks for your speedy reply. Hopefully this'll work.

Collapse -
Sysinternals has another program
by Dango517 / January 25, 2008 10:37 PM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.