Given you're the first to write this according to google, it's time to ask the software's maker for causes for this message.
I am using Nero BackItUp ver 1.2.
I have been running incremental backups fine for about a month now, but today when I tried to do the incremental to the DVD in which I just made a Full Backup, I keep getting the error message
"Backup information file could not be opened"
There is no further explanation given. So I do not know what could be wrong.
Please let me know what you think. Thank You.
My PC is a Pentium 4, 3.2GHZ
1GB of RAM.
O/S: Win XP Home SP2
Off the top, it could be:
* The DVD was finalized, meaning it can be read but you cannot add any new data to the disk. (Aka perform an incremental backup.) In that case you'll have to wipe the disk or grab a new one and try again, this time double-checking the settings before burning.
* A glitch in the software...try uninstalling and reinstalling.
* A faulty burn for the full backup...wipe the disk or grab a new one and try again, this time at a slower speed. (Reduces the chances of problems.)
Thanks for your response.
1. The process for creating a Backup job using Nero does not even contain an option for Finalizing. I just tried it again and created another Full Backup job. Nowhere does it ask me to finalize the disk, so that is not the source of the problem.
2. I don't actually see any option for setting the speed of the DVD recording either. The wizard never asked me for that.
3. I suppose a reinstallation might be necessary, but I'm trying to avoid that unless absolutely necessary. I haven't had any problems with this program until I just started using DVD's insted of CD's for tbe backups. So maybe that has something to do with it.
If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.
Sublime suburban chariot
High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.