Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

Nero 7 ultra- Lightscribe

by bunkoman / January 24, 2006 1:34 AM PST

I have used Nero 6 for quite a while and am delighted with it.
Currently I am trying out the 7 ultra, and find that whilst Lightscribe worked perfectly on 6, it seems to have been totally ommitted from my copy of 7.

My computer runs xp pro and is fully set up for Lightscribe. I can use it on Surething but unfortunatrly not on 7 Ultra 7.

Any ideas please ?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Nero 7 ultra- Lightscribe
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Nero 7 ultra- Lightscribe
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Bunko, Have You Checked??
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / January 24, 2006 2:12 AM PST

The Nero site??

Although I don't use Nero, the link below will allow you to download the Nero Burning Rom .chm HELP file..It provides help to questions about the "LightScribe" portion of it's program.

In addition, the link below (at the bottom) shows that LightScribe abilities are there as long as you have the appropriate LightScribe Host software installed:

So clearly, LightScribe should be included in Nero 7 Ultra..It's very possible that the newest updates include some fixes to that program..Are you currently using the "Trial" version of Nero 7? If so, maybe it doesn't include the LightScribe section of the program.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
Nero 7 ultra-Lightscribe
by bunkoman / January 24, 2006 6:56 AM PST

Hi Grif:

You got it in you last observation.

For some strange reason Lightscribe is not included in the trial version of 7 Ultra. The question now is whether it is part of the full version ?
Thank you for your helpful analysis which led me to this discovery.

Collapse -
Probably forgot.
by chuckieu / January 25, 2006 3:34 AM PST

Version 6 was this way for XP. There were many problems
with compatibility. A number of patches till they got it right with 6.6. Basically, it incorporated all the patches into 1 Update without all the work you had to do.

Collapse -
Nero 7- Lightscribe
by bunkoman / January 26, 2006 12:21 AM PST
In reply to: Probably forgot.

Thanks Chuck:

For your info I took a chance and bought the full reg. version. Lightscribe won't work here either. The frustrating thing is the total lack of response from Nero ''Support''

Collapse -
Bunko, Have You Updated That Version?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / January 26, 2006 12:56 AM PST
In reply to: Nero 7- Lightscribe

No guarantees that it will help but Nero has updates for version 7. Make sure to UNCHECK the "Yahoo Toolbar" installation options on the page below.:

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
Nero 7 Ultra- Lightscribe
by bunkoman / January 31, 2006 2:16 AM PST
In reply to: Nero 7- Lightscribe

Would you believe- After following your advice I finally got LS to show up.

Unfortunately, although I updated all of the LS support software, it only prints within a radius of approx 2cm from the hub. So problems I still have. I'm starting to see Nero Ultra 7 as my nemesis.

Collapse -
Bunko, One Other Thought..
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / January 31, 2006 2:21 AM PST

Firmware updates are frequently available for the burner. Go to the burner's website and check for any firmware updates for you specific model number. The firmware and software combination are what make up a successful tool.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
nero 7 and lightscribe
by foconn1012 / March 10, 2010 8:01 AM PST

I have been using Nero 7 ULT and lightscribe for years with success. I had Nero 7 when I bought a lightscibe burner. I just went to the nero website and downloaded the add on lightscibe software. I have it also on my computer at work and they both work great.

Frank O'Connor

Collapse -
Nero 7 & Lightscribe
by jeanniebeannie / June 29, 2007 11:42 AM PDT
Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?