General discussion

Nero 6

I have upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 and now find that Nero 6 Burning Rom is not compatable. Can anyone help?

Ken Potter

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Nero 6
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Nero 6
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Suggested replacements?

While getting the new version might be an answer, here are the titles I used last month.

CDBURNERXP
IMGBURN
DVD FLICK

All free, easy to find and use.
Bob

- Collapse -
And We're Using Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 On Our Systems

It's the program that comes with our HP Windows 7 business computers.. It works fine but you will find more copyright protection/DRM, etc. than was on your Nero 6.

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
Do you have a DVD RW Drive into your machine?

If not, get one. They are relatively cheap these days.

Win. 7 already has the DVD burning feature integrated in its bulk of many features. Besides, the new drive might provide one in its packaging.

A little con out of upgrading from win. XP. But, of course, you did not mention which edition of XP you were using before the upgrading. Having a pre-install of XP M.C.E. 2005 would have told me that you would have a CD RW or a DVD RW included in the packaged machine. I guess, that you see my point.

Hope that helps even further.
Wink

CNET Forums

Forum Info