Cameras forum

General discussion

needing to find a cheap high speed SD card

by arrowsparrow / June 16, 2006 10:57 PM PDT

I just bought a Casio Exlim EX-Z60 and I know it supports high speed memory and I want to try to get a cheap SD card so if you know af any good sites for cheap memory please tell me but I want maybe around 1GB now I like the SanDisk Ultra series so I would like to find that cheap.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: needing to find a cheap high speed SD card
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: needing to find a cheap high speed SD card
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
the power of the internet
by Geekapoo / June 16, 2006 11:02 PM PDT

do a search...

there are other sites as well

do take note of links posted here to articles about purchasing online

Collapse -
What I found was..
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 16, 2006 11:35 PM PDT

The high speed card performed the same for me in too many cameras. So I found a Kingston 2GB SD card for 47 bucks plus shipping and that's what I'm using. I also picked up a 4GB SD card for 98 bucks plus shipping but many devices don't support such a size yet. Stick with the 2GB for today.

Collapse -
note the poster said high speed SD card
by Geekapoo / June 17, 2006 12:07 AM PDT
In reply to: What I found was..

yes, $47 is the low end for a 2G Kingston (without factoring in any shipping cost...if there are any). I picked up a 1G Kingston for $29 locally (MicroCenter in Cambridge, MA).

Note though that the poster asked about high speed SD...anaig, the best way to price this is via a search engine (and review recs of sellers).

A question for the poster....why do you feel you need a high speed card?

Collapse -
What was damning was...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 19, 2006 4:57 AM PDT

We have such high speed cards and found no improvement over non-high-speed cards. It appears that very few devices take advantage of such cards or marketing has run amok without revealing what you are paying for.

Collapse -
High speed vs normal speed
by Jaedre / June 19, 2006 5:52 AM PDT

I heard that high speed cards are recommended on camemras with higher resolution - 5 megapixels and higher since writing large files to the cards can slow down the cameras' responsiveness. I haven't tried to verify this. Does any one have experience on this issue?

Collapse -
cheap high speed SD card
by Jaedre / June 19, 2006 4:31 AM PDT Transcend 4 GB 150x SD card #73.99 AR.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?