Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

needing a host

Hi all, would like some opinions on a reliable, easy to use and reasonably priced host. I am new to this world. Seems like I cant tell legit reviews from paid ads, there are so many out there when I google search. Want a simple site, that offers email and mobile also with an easy to use website builder. Any recommendswould be greatly apreciated

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: needing a host
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: needing a host
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Bear in mind

In reply to: needing a host

That so far, mostly spammers and re-sellers show up on such posts.

I'm interested in your easy to use question. That is, as a web master wouldn't you be adept at running Apache and such?
Bob

Collapse -
to bear

In reply to: Bear in mind

I am helping my daughter who wants to open a site for simple community stuff, we are not pros

Collapse -
Then use a provider with tools.

In reply to: to bear

GoDaddy is often maligned but they and others provide tools and site builders for those that don't want to become a web master, programmer or don't want to employ such a person.

Again, almost all the replies with offers to host invariably are spam. But you should by now know the usual players and costs involved.

-> Why not use a Facebook account for this and skip a web service entirely?
Bob

Collapse -
Bob

In reply to: Then use a provider with tools.

I thinka site would do better for what she wants to do plus for about 10 bucks a month this is a. great teaching and social skills lesson

Collapse -
Sounds like you found it.

In reply to: Bob

Go with the 10 bucks a month and you're done.

However I've yet to find folk avoid learning HTML and more. Maybe someday but look at the conversations here and many require some learning of the technology.

It's also safe to bet that at 10 bucks a month you would never expect support beyond "Is my site down?"
Bob

Collapse -
bob

In reply to: Sounds like you found it.

my learning i dont mean code and stuff. Just her taking charge of something and having to interact with people.

Collapse -
All of the above.

In reply to: bob

I hear you and let's be clear there is no perfect host at any price today. If it is for what you revealed so far I think community centers could easily get by with a Facebook page.
Bob

Collapse -
Simple website Builder

You can use some simple tools to build website with simple navigation or you can use Godaddy web hosting and web builder services which can design a user friendly designs in minutes of time.

Collapse -
Re-needing a host

Dear Sir:

Would you kindly tell me the configurations you need for your host?

Hope can receiveyour reply ASAP.

Yours Json Xing

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.