Question

Need wireless router suggestions...

Our wifi router seems to send out an awful signal. My husband is constantly booted and the kids computer downstairs lags horribly. We have an older Netgear N150 currently. Does anyone have a suggestion for a decent router that will send out a strong signal to both stories of the house. Or if that isn't possible, perhaps a solution on how to boost the signal.

Thank you for your time,

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Need wireless router suggestions...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Need wireless router suggestions...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
You can pay from $15 to over $100

What I'm using is a Tenda wireless-N router that I bought for $15. It's upstairs and I'm in the den downstairs with my laptop where it works just fine. It also works on the opposite corner of the upstairs with a desktop. If you need a more powerful router, you can buy the ones with two or three antennas, but the $15 Tenda works fine for me. If your old router is wireless-G, you'll be pleasantly surprised at the increased speed and distance of wireless N.

Good luck.

- Collapse -
Answer
Which one I should choice from Huawei E392-12and Huawei E392

I feel confused with Huawei E392, What is different between Huawei E392-12and Huawei E392-21 . and which one I should choice from Huawei E392-12and Huawei E392-21 . I will very thankful if someone can tell me .

- Collapse -
Re: modem

Two questions:
1. Please provide a link to the product pages of these 2 devices (preferably on the huawei-site). Those would show the differences.
2. Assuming both work, it depends on your intented use which one would be best for you.But you didn't tell about that, so even if the differences are clear, it's impossible to say what's best for you.

Jees

- Collapse -
That Huawei gets spammed here.

Because of the spam I can't consider that model.

Besides if the maker or seller will not answer your questions, that's another reason to not buy them.
Bob

CNET Forums