Question

Need to Upgarde My Computer ?

Hi,
I am a 3D Animator and Designer. I want to upgrade my PC with a good configuration. My current rig is quite old.

The Main Applications to be Used
1) Autodesk 3ds Max 2011
2) Autodesk MAYA 2011
3) Pixologic ZBrush
4) Adobe Photoshop CS5
5) Adobe Illustrator CS5
6) Adobe After Effects CS

The Games to be Played (Once a week)
1) Call of Duty Black Ops
2) Crysis 2
3) Max Payne 3
4) NFS Shift and Run

I am currently into a really tight budget. Thats why i am not planning to build a workstation but still a capable machine to run all these applications

My current PC
CPU : AMD Anthlon 64 x2 Dual Core 4000+ - 2.11Ghz
Motherboard : Asus M2NMXSE
Hard Drive : WD 500GB and Samsung 160GB
Memory : 2x2 1GB Transcend
Optical Drive : Sony DVDRW

I am not replacing my Hard Drives for now nor my Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse and DVD Drive.

My Current Configuration (to be made)
CPU : Intel Core i5 3570K
Motherboard : ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
GPU : AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 1 GB (dont wont spend much on it i am going to get a better one in future)
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 4 GB
Cabinet : NZXT Beta Evo / Gamma
PSU : Corsair SMPS CX 500

Is this a good configuration?
Is there anything better i can add in this rig without increasing my budget?
Please Suggest Me

Thanks in Advance

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Need to Upgarde My Computer ?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Need to Upgarde My Computer ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Looked for specs for the PSU and came up empty.
- Collapse -
Please suggest me a PSU

Can you suggest me a single +12V rail PSU.

- Collapse -
Please suggest me a PSU

Actually this GPU is for time being. And this the cheapest GPU (625 mhz) i was able to found. I am going to soon upgrade my GPU to Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5. But for time being i am going to use ATI Radeon HD 6450 1 GB GPU.

For power supply of my future GPU my friend suggested me for a better PSU like Corsair CX500. I was actually going for Corsair CX430 but he suggested me this.

You can surely provide me with option which are relevant with the above configuration for both PSU and GPU.

- Collapse -
Sadly I can't.

It's a big world and as such I can't do more than give guidelines unless you reveal something like USA and I buy from newegg or amazon.

For now my advice is to get a single rail +12V PSU to avoid learning why Amperes and rails matter.
Bob

CNET Forums